Notice

The Bose Community Forum was launched at a time when robust online support was not available for Bose customers. Over the past several years we have added new online service channels that provide a more interactive and complete digital experience. Additionally, we have enhanced the My Bose Account capabilities to deliver a more personalized and self-service experience. As a result, Bose has made the decision to close Community Forum for Consumer electronics products on September 30th. The Bose Pro portion of the Community will still operate as usual.

Please visit our support homepage to experience one of our many other digital service channels or simply use your Community log-in credentials to sign in to your My Bose Account to view your orders and view support options.

Thank you to all who have contributed and benefited from interacting in our Community. We look forward to continuing to serve you online.

Regards,
Bose Customer Service Team
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Amyp1023
Participant
Registered since

Sep 2, 2019

Sleepbuds (both) do not charge beyond 58%

My sleepbuds, which are only a few months old, are not charging beyond 58%. They are placed properly in the case. The case is fully charged. I have tried with the case plugged in overnight and not plugged in overnight. There is no wax buildup or anything in the buds. I have tried doing the reset with the paper clip inserted into the back of the case. Any other fixes that might work?

CHemist83
Participant
Registered since

Aug 29, 2019

Re: Noise masking ear buds not fully charging

I use to have the same issue, only charging up to 58% on one side. Updating and resetting the charge case did not work. The sleep bud would only last 4 hours before dying. I read in an other thread that it could be a bug due to one of the sleep buds dying and resets itself to like a ship mode. I called bose and they said they were replacing only the defective bud but gave me a band new sealed set. 

When I received them a few days ago, I also received my pixel 3. I couldn't pair both old and new sleep buds to my iPhone Xs so I paired the old buds to my Pixel 3 and all of a sudden, both buds charged up to 100%. It's been more than 5 days and they have been charging to 100%. Even the bud that use to only charge up to 58% worked perfectly. I slept for 10 hours last night and both buds were still on. 

One thing to note is that the left bud that use to only charge up to 58%, there  would be some  mornings that I wouldn't properly sit the bud into the charger and be at whatever charge I would place them inside with when it was time for bed. I remember one day, the left bud was at 40% when I went to bed and I thought there wouldn't be any harm if I let it discharge all the way.

pjbazil
Participant
Registered since

Aug 21, 2019

Very sorry to hear that. I went into the Bose store in the mall. They were acute,y aware of the problem and gave me an entirely new set with charger. Seems it was a firmware problem that they thought they could fix but the fix didn’t work. My advice is to walk into the mall and return then for a replacement box.  Seems to have worked for me (so far!)

spokendan
Participant
Registered since

Sep 6, 2019

This one ear buds going flat is starting to seem like a global problem, the trouble shooting does not work, I live in Australia and cost me nearly 400 bucks, is Bose actually trying to fix this problem or are you hoping it will just go away?

pjbazil
Participant
Registered since

Aug 21, 2019

They’ve tried to “fix” the problem via a software update. Did not work and they know it. So, they are replacing the buds completely. Bring your buds to your nearest store and have them give you a new product.  So far, the new one works.

No-sleep
Participant
Registered since

Sep 7, 2019

Good suggestion. However I am having my fourth replacement set now (for problems of one bud only partial charging) and now after two weeks my left bud is completely dead whatever I try! So good luck. Just contacted Bose again and waiting for their response 

aj2079
Participant
Registered since

Jul 21, 2019

You guys are lucky that you even got a response!!... I contacted them and got nothing back. Well, nothing other than a survey email to see how well they responded to my concerns 🙄

Imorpheus
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 18, 2019

good luck, I am on my 4th pair since February ; last replacement lasted 2 1/2 weeks, with a confusing message on replacement.  come on Bose, you can do better

Imorpheus
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 18, 2019

well you are lucky, I am on my 4th replacement, still waiting for it, and this last one lasted 2 1/2 weeks; it sounds easy but it isn't; had to beg for the first 2, and now it is done with no begging, but perhaps that I due to the number of identical problems; they know there is a problem

RichJohnson
Participant
Registered since

Jan 4, 2019

Well nice to see this thread has been going 9 months.

Yep same problem here - right earbud won't charge past 48%. However you can get it to 'report' charging to 100% by resetting and messing about. But the sad thing is it's not *really* charged - still only lasts 7 hours or.... 48% worth.

Bose's response will be 'take it back to the store'. Only problem is for us poor people who bought in Malta (3rd world country masquerading as 1st world) - the person who is the 'authorised agent' doesn't bother actually dealing with *anything* that isn't a sale (and even then it's hard work).

So 250 euros wasted. I would recommend people avoid this product. And yes you read that price right... we get ripped off here.