Highlighted
Jterrylee44
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

May 7, 2017

Noise reduction for incoming sound.

Audio quality and directionality are great for hearing comprehension. I saw in one post that noise reduction is not applied to World volume and explains why my hearing aids have better noise reduction than HearPhones. Will noise reduction be added to World Volume- please? It would make HearPhones amazingly useful for hearing voices instead of just providing outstanding sound. Thanks.
3 REPLIES 3
Community Manager

Re: Noise reduction for incoming sound.

Hi Jterrylee44,

Thanks for the interesting question. Noise cancellation is applied when World Volume is less than zero. Here are some more detailed notes.

World Volume

World Volume is the primary controller for Bose Hearphones. Just like the volume setting on the phone controls the loudness of the your music, podcast and phone calls, the World Volume setting controls the loudness of live voices, TV and other environmental sounds. You adjust the World Volume so that it’s just right for you and for each place you go.

• Above “0,” the Bose Hearphones will amplify the environment in a special way: Quiet sounds are amplified more than loud sounds so that all sounds can be heard but none are uncomfortable. This is helpful when you need to hear conversation in acoustically challenging environments.

• At “0,” the environment will sound as loud as it would if the Bose Hearphones weren’t worn.

• Below “0,” the Bose Hearphones will reduce sounds in the environment. This is useful so you can escape loud environmental sounds and either focus on your smartphone content or just enjoy the quiet.

The World Volume can be adjusted on the device or using the app. All World Volume settings use Bose Acoustic Noise Cancelling™ technology.

Bass & Treble?

A second adjustment on the Bose Hear app is preferable for some people to optimize live listening. Adjusting the smaller controller on the right of the app screen can makes sounds deeper (more bass) or brighter (more treble). This adjustment does not apply to streamed sounds coming from the smartphone.

Jterrylee44
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

May 7, 2017

My point is that with Hearing loss I always have World volume at 100%. It would be great to have selective noise reduction across all levels of World volume, allowing clearer voices with less background noise.
Thanks
Community Manager

Hi Jterrylee44,

Thanks for the clarification.

I'll take this is a suggestion and share it with the Hearphones team.

ST