Kfred
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 27, 2018

Number of Bluetooth Masters/Slaves

Assuming the Hearphone uses version 4.1 or above of the Bluetooth specification, how would they handle the following situation:

I have an Android 4.4.4 cell phone that controls the Hearphone nicely.

In addition we use a Vtech bluetooth enabled phone base with two additional handsets. 

Please recommend the pairing sequence. Will the Hearphone respond to two masters? 

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ST - Hearphones
Community Manager - Retired
Registered since

Dec 23, 2016

Re: Number of Bluetooth Masters/Slaves

Author Accepted Answer selected by Kfred

Hi Kfred,

Thanks for writing about this interesting topic.

Bose engineered Hearphones to connect to up to two devices at the same time. You can't actively interact with both simultaneously. Typically, you switch from one to the other by doing this:

1. Pause playback on the unit you are listening to

2. Start playback on the other unit

That's the intent, and it works well most of the time. However, there are too many combinations of devices to know how well they will cooperate with each other.

The pairing sequence shouldn't matter. I say shouldn't because I have experienced situations where it does. If you're already connected to the Android device, then go ahead and pair with the VTech phone base. See how that works for you. If things don't switch back and forth as you would like, then clear the Hearphones device list and remove Hearphones from the pairing lists on the Android device and Vtech phone base. Then pair the Vtech phone base first, and the Android device second. Try that.

I'm sorry I can't predict the outcome, but I hope you'll come back and tell us about your experience.

Thanks,

ST

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
ST - Hearphones
Community Manager - Retired
Registered since

Dec 23, 2016

Re: Number of Bluetooth Masters/Slaves

Author Accepted Answer selected by Kfred

Hi Kfred,

Thanks for writing about this interesting topic.

Bose engineered Hearphones to connect to up to two devices at the same time. You can't actively interact with both simultaneously. Typically, you switch from one to the other by doing this:

1. Pause playback on the unit you are listening to

2. Start playback on the other unit

That's the intent, and it works well most of the time. However, there are too many combinations of devices to know how well they will cooperate with each other.

The pairing sequence shouldn't matter. I say shouldn't because I have experienced situations where it does. If you're already connected to the Android device, then go ahead and pair with the VTech phone base. See how that works for you. If things don't switch back and forth as you would like, then clear the Hearphones device list and remove Hearphones from the pairing lists on the Android device and Vtech phone base. Then pair the Vtech phone base first, and the Android device second. Try that.

I'm sorry I can't predict the outcome, but I hope you'll come back and tell us about your experience.

Thanks,

ST

View solution in original post