Highlighted
garyrob
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 8, 2017

Pressing buttons to change directivity not working

The instructions say that I should be able to press the volume up and down buttons simultaneously to change directivity. To indicate the directivity mode, a tone is supposed to be played. 

However, this is not happening on my hearphones. The up and down volume buttons do work in the sense that they do change the volume. But pressing the simultaneously has no effect. This is strange, because it would appear that the buttons are mechanically fine (or they couldn't control volume), but somehow the hearphones do not appear to be detecting when they are simultaneously pressed.

Any ideas?

3 REPLIES 3
Community Manager

Re: Pressing buttons to change directivity not working

Hi garyrob,

Thank you for joining the Hearphones Community. I'm sorry you are having trouble controlling directivity with the buttons on your Hearphones.

To change Directivity (focus), press both World Volume buttons (the small buttons that are close together).

Hearphones Directivity.png

Does that help?

ST

@garyrob wrote:

The instructions say that I should be able to press the volume up and down buttons simultaneously to change directivity. To indicate the directivity mode, a tone is supposed to be played. 

However, this is not happening on my hearphones. The up and down volume buttons do work in the sense that they do change the volume. But pressing the simultaneously has no effect. This is strange, because it would appear that the buttons are mechanically fine (or they couldn't control volume), but somehow the hearphones do not appear to be detecting when they are simultaneously pressed.

Any ideas?

garyrob
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 8, 2017

That's exactly what I'm doing. Nothing happens. It seems like it can't be a mechanical problem, since the world volume controls work fine for controlling the volume, and it seems like it can't be a software problem, since I have the same software as everybody else. (The Bose Hear app is not indicating that there's a software update available, and these are new Hearphones.) So I'm mystified.

Community Manager

Hi garyrob,

It sounds like we may have a hardware problem.  Please call us at 1-800-761-2673 and we'll take care of you.

Thanks,

ST