Seof
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 7, 2018

Problem with the sleepbuds

Dear Bose team, since 3 days ago my sleepbuds start disconecting,, first was just one, now both  and even they supose to keep the alarm it stop working, i have to put them in the case and it appear that they still have 100% of the battery.. now I am in Chile (south america)  and dont know what to do... can you help me?

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted

Re: Problem with the sleepbuds

Helo Seof,

Thank you for posting, sorry to hear you're running into this issue. 

Let's see if the following will help:

If your sleepbuds will not connect to your mobile device, here are a few things you can try:

Place the sleepbuds in the charging case making sure they are seated in the case correctly. Wait for the sleepbuds' charging lights to slowly blink white then remove them from the charging case and try connecting them to your device again

Make sure the sleepbuds are sufficiently charged

Place back in the charging case to charge the sleepbuds

Turn Airplane mode on, then off in the device.

Toggling Airplane mode on then off forces the device and Bose system to re-pair or re-connect.

Close the Bose Sleep app and reopen it

• On iOS, double tap the Home button, and swipe away the Sleep app
  • On an Android device, press the Recents button and swipe away the Sleep app

Reboot the device running the Bose app.

The device may have malfunctioned and might need to be reset. This is typically done by turning the device off and, if applicable, removing the battery for 15 seconds. Reinstall the battery, if it was removable, and turn the device back on.

Resetting the charging case

Resetting the charging case powers the case off and then on. This can help resolve charging issues. To reset the charging case, insert a thin paper clip into the hole on the back of the case near the USB connector. Press until you feel a click. 

Note: There is no communication link between the sleepbuds and the charging case, only charging. Resetting the case while the sleepbuds are charging may help power cycle the sleepbuds.

Disconnect the sleepbuds from the Sleep app and reconnect.

1. Open the Sleep app.
  2. Remove the Sleepbuds from case to avoid an incidental connection.
  3. In the upper right corner of the screen, tap the gear icon to open the Settings screen.
  4. At the bottom of Settings, tap "DISCONNECT."
  5. Once disconnected, place the Sleepbuds back in the case.
  6. On the mobile device, toggle Bluetooth off and back on.
  7. Close the case cover and reopen it.
  8. Remove the Sleepbuds from the case so they create a new connection with the Sleep app and mobile device.

Be sure the sleepbuds are not connected to another device.

The sleepbuds will only connect to one device at a time. If you have the Sleep app installed on more than one device, they may be connected to the other device. Make sure they are disconnected from any additional devices.

Uninstall and reinstall the app.

An error may have occurred during the download, installation, or over time with changes made to the device running the app. Uninstall the app, reinstall it and try again.

Clear the list of paired devices on the phone.

Some phones have a limited amount of space available for paired devices. Remove the Bose headset and any unused Bluetooth devices from the phone's pairing list.

Try another compatible device.

Install the Sleep app in another device and try connecting again. If the new device works correctly, the original device may have an issue or be incompatible.

Let me know if this helps.

Regards,

Joel - Community Support

Seof
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 7, 2018

Dear Joel

I Try everithing with no succsess,, remember my problem its not the initial conection,, its that a few minutes of been conected the buds stop working and steel appear thet they have 100% battery Life (checking after puting and taking out of the case)  do you know if there any part where I can factory reset the buds,, due to I reset the case, forgot the buds in the app, forgot from the Bluetooth, but the name in the buds still the same as olways,,  or maby just stop working and its a 3 month product..

dont know what else to do,, and Im outside US..

Hello Seof,

Thank you for trying the above mentioned.

If you reset the case already per the instruction above, that is the defaulting process.

If they're still having the disconnecting issue after that has been performed, I would suggest contacting support.

If you go HERE, select your region, scroll to the bottom of the page, choose "Contact Us" and a number will be listed.

Regards,

Joel

Joe Alam
Silent Starter
Registered since

Mar 5, 2019

Hello Joel,
I have bought my sleepbuds few days bsck and i have a hard time connecting them for the 1st time.

The bluetooth has on my mobile has managed to connect with the left one only, while the app didn't detect any of them.

Any advice?

Thanks in advance.
Regards,
Joe

Hello Joe. 

Thank you for getting in touch, I am sorry you are having difficulties getting Bluetooth connections!
Have you tried the recommendations from Joel_D earlier in the thread? 

There is a large troubleshooting page that Joel has posted that has various options to try.

If you check them and let me know if you have tried these already.

Kind regards 
Liam - Community Support