Kingwah
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 26, 2018

Radiation

I am a bit concerned over radiation,having the buds so close to the brain and I am wondering, even if it says it is the exposure is very low, if you set the timer to say 3 hrs, after that when the playback stops would any radiation continue or would it cease? Do the bateries themselves give off any radiation or is it just during playback?

3 REPLIES 3
Community Manager

Re: Radiation

Hi Kingwah,

Thanks for reaching out to us on the Community!

The Bose Noise Masking Sleep Buds are perfectly safe to use over long periods of time.  They achieve an ultra-low level of radiation exposure because they do not stream audio or other content throughout the night as the sounds are stored locally on the ear buds.  Also we use a class-III Bluetooth radio which has the lowest transmit power among all the Bluetooth classes.  Over an entire night of sleep, the sleep buds emit a fraction of what traditional Bluetooth headsets emit during a single call.  

I hope this helps!

Tony A - Community Support 

Highlighted
Kingwah
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 26, 2018

Thanks Tony,

I keep seeing that same reply, but I dont see any numbers associated with it. Does the FCC or some other group monitor the levels?

If I were to check them with an EMF Meter what level should I expect to see?

I am sure BOSE has great maufacturing practices, but oftentimes electronics and components are made in areas where standards are not so rigidly adheard to.

Community Manager

Hi Kingwah,

Unfortunately these are not specs that are published but I can guarantee they fall within the regulations set by the FDA.

Warm Regards,

Tony A