Highlighted
KevinLongtime
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jul 10, 2018

Random static in right Sleepbud

Lastnight while sleeping for a good 9 hours or so and I remember being woken up by a static noise in the right sleepbud around the last couple hours of sleep. I had the rain noise (shower) playing all night and randomly had static take over the right bud. Was fixed by pausing and playing the shower effect on my phone. I recall this static noise only happening one other time a week ago. Figured I’d report this. Maybe a bug? Pausing and playing also seemed to make the sound effect louder than it was most of the night. Is the volume supposed to slowly lower during “play all night”? I recall feeling like the volume always lowers or is that just my ear getting used to it? I tend to play the sounds fairly loud.
23 REPLIES 23

Re: Random static in right Sleepbud

Hello there, KevinLongtime,

Thank you for reaching out to the community, and sorry to hear about how you were woken up! That does sound like an unusual occurrence. We appreciate that you've shared this with us. As far as the volume lowering over time, it should not.

Let's make sure the Sleepbuds, app, and charging case are up-to-date. Please visit btu.bose.com to check the case for firmware updates. 

If you notice the static again, we encourage you to contact our Sleepbuds Support team for further assistance. Here is their contact information: (800) 905-1273.

Let us know if there is anything you need!

Thank you again,

Mohsin - Community Support

E_Colorado
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jun 26, 2018

I've had this happen three times.

The first time, after about 4 hours of sleeping with the Cascade sound, I woke up to the sound of loud static in my left ear. It was quite startling, and it sounded much louder than the safe 70 dBA max volume level that the Sleepbuds are supposed to be limited to. I opened the Bose Sleep app, clicked Pause, then clicked Play, and the problem went away. It definitely seemed to be a bug since the sound was suddenly different in the left bud, and the volume of the static seemed too high.

The second and third times, it happened in the same left Sleepbud, after about 7 hours of operation. Those times, the static noise did not persist - both times it just made 2 quick loud static noises, then the Cascade sound resumed.

KevinLongtime
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jul 10, 2018

Just to document: I had the static wake me up again. About the 3rd time in three weeks. Seems to be about once a week or so
digitalmediaphile
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jun 22, 2018

I get this every night but I believe it is in both buds. I use Cascade. Stopping the sound in the app and restarting ALWAYS fixes it.  I've also experienced volume decreases. 

digitalmediaphile
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jun 22, 2018

Soke to support, they are sending replacements and a return label and will give my buds to engineering to see if they can determine the cause.

KevinLongtime
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jul 10, 2018

Thanks for the heads up! Glad to hear they are taking it seriously. Curious to see if it’s a software or hardware issue. Very strange that you said yours was happening daily and mine was weekly. Maybe hardware? Curious if I’ll need to replace mine depending on what they find
digitalmediaphile
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jun 22, 2018

@KevinLongtime - mine seems to have gotten worse over time, too. 

digitalmediaphile
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jun 22, 2018

Replacement arrived 2nd day air yesterday. Charged it up, updated the charging base, connected to app, did the firmware upgrade. What a difference. The sound was constant all last night. Did not go to a static like sound in the middle of the night, did not lower in volume. Did not seem to have a muddiness to sound that the original ones I purchased had. Hoping they stay this way. Just dropped off the defective ones at a UPS access point using the prepaid label Bose provided. I have to say Bose customer service is among the best I've experienced. 

smtpboy
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Aug 2, 2018

I got my buds yesterday and experienced exactly the same behavior last night (first time using). VERY loud static that woke me from a sound sleep as well as the lowering volume as the night went on. Will see if it repeats tonight.