digitalmediaphile
Collaborator
Registered since

Jun 22, 2018

Replacement buds left bud sound turns to ugly noise after a few hours. Support non responsive

I really wanted to love this product. But I feel that I have wasted $250. First set of buds had problem where left bud turned to static during the night using Cascade. Replacement buds turn to harsh ugly brown noise in left ear after a  few hours. I sent the following email to support, and have yet to receive a response (did get a read receipt on it so I know they have it). 

"RE: Order N052839891

I am having issues with the replacement buds.

After a few hours, using the replacement buds, the sound in the left earbud changes to an annoying noise or a different kind of plain brown noise sound when I use the Cascade sound. If I pause and restart the sound, it is immediately back to normal again for a few hours. I don’t like the other available sounds and really want Cascade to work properly. I sleep on my back so it isn’t pressure on the bud or the pillow. Over the past few weeks I have tried different volume levels with Cascade, with no change in behavior. I really want the Cascade sound to play constant through the entire night. I do not use alarms. I am using an iPhone 7 with the latest released iOS. I have the latest 1.54 app and the latest firmware in both the charger and the buds. I have tried resets twice.

Please advise next steps."

It is well past the time that I can return to Best Buy. The product does not work for me. First Bose product I've had over the years that has been so poor. Please don't tell me to phone support and wait on hold. They should have responded to my email. 

5 REPLIES 5
Mohsin_S
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Re: Replacement buds left bud sound turns to ugly noise after a few hours. Support non responsive

Hello digitalmediaphile,

We sent you a DM to see if we can help. 

Thank you,

Mohsin - Community Support

digitalmediaphile
Collaborator
Registered since

Jun 22, 2018

Re: Replacement buds left bud sound turns to ugly noise after a few hours. Support non responsive

Yes, I replied within 2 minutes of receiving your DM. How long should I expect to wait for a response from support ? 

digitalmediaphile
Collaborator
Registered since

Jun 22, 2018

still nothing from support... 

Community_Admin

Okay, thank you for patience! They may not have been able to get around to contacting you. I will get an update for you. 

Thank you again

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
digitalmediaphile
Collaborator
Registered since

Jun 22, 2018

After they fumbled twice more, asking me to send feedback via the app and then writing to ask what my issue was, I received a response:

"Thank you so much for submitting Feedback via the Bose Sleep App, that's very helpful for us.

I put a ticket in for this specific audio issue with the Cascade soothing sound for you, for our Engineers to take a look at. Please just allow about 3-4 business days for someone from our Team to reach out to you with a resolution. 

We have a few other members of the Sleepbuds Team, which is why you received that e-mail after you sent Feedback via the App. Apologies for any confusion.

As soon as the Engineers have a resolution for you we will let you know.

We appreciate your patience and hope you enjoy the rest of your weekend.."

So they have made contact, but for some reason want 3-4 days (or longer) for a resolution.