Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 10, 2018

Right Sleep Pod Loses Charge Faster Than Left

In the past few weeks, I've noticed that my right sleep pod loses charge about twice as fast as the left sleep pod. They both start out at 100% when I go to sleep, but when I wake up in the morning, the left one is at 60% while the right one is at 30%, or even so low that it's completely dead when I wake up. I have updated the app and the case firmware, and the problem was not resolved. Any suggestions for what else to try? Can they be replaced if they are defective?

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Sep 21, 2018

Re: Right Sleep Pod Loses Charge Faster Than Left

This is happening to me too
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Hello,

Thanks for chiming in.  We’re sorry to hear about the trouble you’re having with your Sleepbuds. We want to see them work out for you and we know how important it is that they do. We know it’s frustrating when a product stops functioning properly, and we recommend that you please try the following troubleshooting steps to see if it helps you:

• Check the eartip for blockage. Shinning a flashlight through it is usually a good technique for this. Also, try a different eartip.
  • Please try visiting our Bose Updater Site (btu.bose.com) to verify that the charging case is up-to-date. Instructions are available on the site on how to perform the update.
  • Try resetting the charging case by inserting a thin paper clip inside of the hole located on the back of the case until a click is heard. Place your Sleepbuds back in the case and verify they are fully charged before use
  • Uninstall and reinstall the Bose Sleep app and reboot the device running the app.

Our goal is for you to have your best night of sleep ever. If the issue persists, it seems we’re unable to correct this with troubleshooting, and your Sleepbuds would be in need of service. For best assistance, we recommend that you reach out to the Sleepbuds Support team in your region who will be fully equipped to provide your service options and get you back up and running again.

Regards,

Tony G - Community Support

Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 12, 2018

i don’t understand why the sleepbuds have such a hard time with the charge when they’re so new. I have to check mine several times a day just to make sure they haven’t stopped charging. Tonight, even though they’ve been successfully charging for 15 hours and both sleepbuds had solid lights, one is only at 40 percent and is estimated to have a dead battery two hours before I plan to wake up. I love the sleep I get with my sleepbuds, but am driven mad by how glitchy they are on a regular basis! And then, the only solution is to follow multiple steps...too much effort for an expensive product from such a reliable brand. 

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 10, 2018

I checked the eartip, made sure the case was updated, reset the charging case, and uninstalled/rebooted/reinstalled the app.  When I went to bed last night, the app said that the left earbud was at 100%, and the right was at ~55% when I went to sleep, which was strange because they were in the case all day.  The right earbud disconnected after about 90 minutes, even though the app said I had at least 8 hours.  The left was still okay.

This morning, they charged for about 90 minutes in the case and then I took them out and checked on their battery levels in the app.  The right earbud was at 100% already, whereas the left was only at 75%, which is the opposite of what I would have expected.

So my issue is not resolved yet, but I will try tonight and see if they discharge at the same rate.

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Sep 21, 2018

I'm still having this issue after all the troubleshooting steps so I'm having to send mine off to Belgium fro two weeks to be replaced 😞

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Feb 18, 2019

Having the exact same issue.  Is the consensus to work for a warranty repair?

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hello thomas55,

Thanks for the question.

We do not repair the Sleepbuds, but instead, we provide you with a brand new set.

Please contact the Sleepbuds support team for further assistance.

Kind Regards,

Joel - Community Support 

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Feb 26, 2019

We are now on our second set and the same issue has arisen, namely the buds do not appear to charge properly. I don’t have time to run around after Bose for another replacement when this is a known problem!
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Feb 26, 2019

Hi Moirons

I'm sorry that this issue has recurred. This may indicate that the Sleep Buds are not communicating the remaining battery life to the app correctly, rather than indicating a hardware fault.

To cover all bases, please ensure that the charging case is up to date using the Bose Device Updater. Instructions to do this can be found on the site itself.

It is also worth disconnecting the Sleep Buds from Bose Sleep app and reconnecting them to see if this rectifies the issue. To do this:

1. Open the Sleep app.
  2. Remove the Sleepbuds from case to avoid an incidental connection.
  3. In the upper right corner of the screen, tap the gear icon to open the Settings screen.
  4. At the bottom of Settings, tap "DISCONNECT."
  5. Once disconnected, place the Sleepbuds back in the case.
  6. On the mobile device, toggle Bluetooth off and back on.
  7. Close the case cover and reopen it.
  8. Remove the Sleepbuds from the case so they create a new connection with the Sleep app and mobile device.

Best regards,

Patrick - Community Support