Right Sleepbud Just Stops

Highlighted

Right Sleepbud Just Stops

My right sleep bud just stops after only a few hours.  It still has lots of battery life when it stops and the left sleep bud continues to work fine.

10 REPLIES
Audible Advocate

Re: Right Sleepbud Just Stops

I came here to post about the same thing.

I’ve been using the Sleepbuds for a few months now. After anywhere from 4-6 hours of use, the right earpiece just shuts off even though there is plenty of battery life remaining. I’m such a light sleeper that this usually wakes me up. In order to get it working again, I remove the earpiece, put it back in the case, let it connect for a second or two, and then put it back in my ear. It starts working again. Sometimes it remains working until I wake up. Other times it stops working a second time and I have to repeat the process described above.

I saw a similar complaint on this message board where Bose suggested uninstalling and reinstalling the app. I did that, but it did not resolve this issue.

Hey texascoroner@hotmail.com,

Thank you for reaching out to the community, and sorry to hear about the trouble you're having. Can we try performing a few troubleshooting steps here to see if it helps? 

Let's try resetting the charging case (support article) first by inserting a thin paper click into the hole on the back of the case until you hear a "click". 

Then, please replace the Sleepbuds into the case to verify they are fully charged before you try them again. 

Let me know if this helps with the right Sleepbud. 

Thank you again,

Mohsin - Community Support

Thanks, @trailbait for joining us, and sorry to hear about difficulty with your Sleepbuds. Can you confirm you've tried resetting the charging case as well? 

Thank you again,

Mohsin

Audible Advocate

I reset the charging case as you recommended.

I then updated the firmware for the charging case.

I then reset the charging case again.

After doing all that, the problem has continued for the past two nights. The right earpiece simply stops working even though there is plenty of battery charge available. I remove it from my ear, put it in the charging case for a second or two, and then put it back in my ear, whereupon it resumes working as before.

@trailbait Thanks for the update, and I'm terribly sorry to hear that! If it continues to drop out again, please contact our Sleepbuds Support team at (800) 905-1273 so they may assist further.

Thank you again,

Mohsin  

Friendly Fanatic

Mine are now doing this too, sort of.    I typically used to wake up and adjust the volume or change the sound once or twice during the night. Sometimes one earbud has stopped playing.   Recently, I find that one or the other earbud has stopped responding to the app. It's still playing the sound, but the app can't adjust the volume or change it to a different sound.   

Now, here's the twist.  Last night, rather than jump through all the hoops of trying to reconnect the earbuds to the app - which often takes a couple of tries - I just gave up, took them out and set them on the headboard.  This morning I checkd them and they were both playing the selected sound and back in control.  So, the system can apparently reconnect itself given time, I just don't know how long I might have to wait, or any easy way to accellerate that process.

Silent Starter

Same problem for me. I am resetting the charge cradle. Just wondering - do I need to download software for the cradle or only buds? Not clear from earlier responses.

Hi jimh12345 and Mike_Rock,

Thank you both for posting.

If this is becoming a constant issue, please refer to Mohsin_S post above and contact us for assistance.

Regards,

Joel

Quiet Contributor

My left Sleepbud does this as well. It is not every night but it is very frequent. If I put it back in the case for a few moments and then take it out it will start working again. It seems like it gets disconnected from the phone and just stops playing. I imagine this will be better once the update is released that allows standalone use.