Archer802
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Aug 29, 2018

Right bud keeps disconnecting during night

I have been using the sleepbuds since I got them 8/13. For the most part they have worked well up until the last few nights. The right sleepbud has begun to disconnect repeatedly in the middle of the night. This never happens to the left, only the right. I check the charge, and it has plenty of charge left. I place it in the charging pod to reconnect it; it reconnects and I put it back in my ear. It starts again like normal, but then disconnects again. I repeat the process, and it just keeps disconnecting. Sometimes it only lasts a few seconds before disconnecting again. While I am doing this, the charging pod and my phone are both right next to me. This is very frustrating and kept me up for quite awhile last night. I eventually just gave up and went to sleep with sound only in my left ear.

For info purposes, I am using an iPhone 8, iOS 11.4.1 (up to date). I am using the Bose Sleep app version 1.5.4, Build version 819.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Right bud keeps disconnecting during night

Author Accepted Answer selected by Archer802

@Archer802 Hi, thank you for writing in, and sorry to hear about the trouble you're having. Can you also verify that the charging case is up-to-date by checking btu.bose.com? Please also try resetting the case by inserting a thin paper clip inside the hole on the back of case until you hear a "click". 

Let us know if this helps when you get the chance. 

Thank you again,

Mohsin - Community Support

5 REPLIES 5
dandrewk
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jul 19, 2018

Is the phone/tablet you use to control the buds within bluetooth range (~30 feet) of your buds while sleeping?  

If I get up in the night, I stay close enough so my right bud stays connected, but not the left bud.  It often reconnects when I get back into range.  I posted about it:

https://community.bose.com/t5/Bose-Noise-Masking-Sleepbuds/Do-Sleepbuds-Require-the-App-to-be-Runnin...

Archer802
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Aug 29, 2018

Yes, my phone is on my bedside table when this happens, about 2 feet away.
Highlighted

Author Accepted Answer selected by Archer802

@Archer802 Hi, thank you for writing in, and sorry to hear about the trouble you're having. Can you also verify that the charging case is up-to-date by checking btu.bose.com? Please also try resetting the case by inserting a thin paper clip inside the hole on the back of case until you hear a "click". 

Let us know if this helps when you get the chance. 

Thank you again,

Mohsin - Community Support

Archer802
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Aug 29, 2018

This seems to have worked! Thank you.

@Archer802 Awesome! Great to hear. I shall close this thread out for now so it can be helpful for other users and quickly searched. 

If you run into any issues at all, please feel free to create a new topic!

Take care,

Mohsin