Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 13, 2019

Right sleepbud no sound

Just opened, updated the sleepbuds, used one night fine and second night and thereafter sound will only come out of left earbud. Have tried forgetting and reconnecting and also resetting case with paperclip. Nothing has helped. Tried calling and emailing support with no response.
8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Re: Right sleepbud no sound

Hello MelCdn!

Thank you for reaching out to the community and sorry for the trouble you're having. We can try and help you here. Also, we appreciate the troubleshooting steps you've done already. 

Can you please visit btu.bose.com on a computer to verify that the charging case is up-to-date? Instructions will be provided on the site. 

Also, please make sure the Sleepbuds are connected properly to the charging case as shown here: https://bose.life/2zbybNz

Does the right Sleepbud seem to be charging fine? 

Let us know your findings when you get the chance.

Thanks again,

Mohsin - Community Support 

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 13, 2019

I will try updating the case and let you know.  The Sleepbuds are charging fine within the case (both of them) and connecting fine to the app - both showing and both showing at 100% when I pull them out after charging.

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 16, 2019

I've experienced the same problem for about a week.  

Up until about a week ago, everything worked great.  Sleepbuds purchased August 2018.

Then last week, I started getting no sound in right sleepbud at all.

Now have faint sound in right earbud.

Charging case shows both earbuds fully charged.

Is this a software issue or is my right earbud defective?

Highlighted
Vocal Volunteer
Registered since

Oct 12, 2018

I now have this problem too. On top of everything else.

What is going on???

(Update: Shows charged but right bud has 1% battery then dies. I've reset the case so hoping it's charging now as the light is flashing.)
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Hi all,

Thanks for reaching out to the community! Let me offer some troubleshooting tips to try and assist. Could we verify that

Should you have any issue that can't be resolved with troubleshooting, I would recommend contacting your local Sleepbuds support team for help. Here is a link you can use. Click on your region, scroll down until you see "Contact Us."

Regards,

Tony G - Community Support

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 13, 2019

Thanks for the response Tony. I have tried contacting support with little luck as you can see from my first post. I can now confirm I have tried all of the troubleshooting tips (updated case firmware yesterday which was the last one) and still have zero sound out of right earbud.
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Hi MelCdn,

Thanks for responding back. I would continue to reach out to your local support team for help. For quickest service, I would recommend calling.

Regards,

Tony G

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Feb 12, 2020

No sound in right sleep bud

Hello, last week I received my replacement sleep buds. They worked great for two days, then yesterday when I woke up I had no sound playing in my right ear. Now even after charging, resetting, forgetting and reconnecting, and checking for updates I have no sound at all in the right Sleepbud.

I saw an old post that brought up this same issue, but I tried both the suggestions (reset button, and checking for updates) with no success. Any other suggestions?? Should I contact CS for another replacement?

I work night shift and my Sleepbuds are so important to me, they make the difference between a few hours of broken sleep, and a good quality sleep. I hope I can get a pair that works and will last me until Bose comes out with another similar product! I haven't found anything else that compares.