Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Apr 19, 2017

Rubbing Noise On Pillow and Ear Infection

Experiencing ear infections  since using these things. The irritation goes once I don't use them for few nights.

Also  the outer part of the part of the ear buds rubs on my pillow making a creaking sound, much like a creaky floor board. Not exactly sleep inducing.
It is kind of generous to offer a 30 day grace period but I feel for this kind of product it's not really long enough.

I'd love to take thse back and get a refund as they'll never be used a again, what a waste of money =(

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Mar 12, 2019

Re: Rubbing Noise On Pillow and Ear Infection

Author Accepted Answer selected by thejone

I had a similar problem. My solution was to cut out a piece of a fabric band-aid and paste it on to the back. It's not elegant and I have to replace it ~ every month, but it stopped the rubbing noise. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Community Manager - Retired
Registered since

Mar 15, 2018

Hi thejone,

Thank you for reaching out to us on the Community!

I definitely recommend reaching out to our Sleep Bud support team to report the ear infection.  This certainly isn't normal and they should be able to help out with this.  They're contact info is:  (800) 905-1273 (Mon-Fri 9am - 9pm, Sat 9am - 7pm ET)

Warm Regards,

Tony A - Community Support 

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Apr 19, 2017

Thanks for the reponse, it's very much appreciated.

Thankfully the infection has healed, but unfortunately the rubbing noise from the pillow makes these sleep buds unusable. I am very much looking forward to a solution for this.

I have a $350.00 set of head phones sitting idle by the side of my bed, at this stage they're nothing more that a waste of money =(

Audible Advocate
Registered since

Mar 12, 2019

Author Accepted Answer selected by thejone

I had a similar problem. My solution was to cut out a piece of a fabric band-aid and paste it on to the back. It's not elegant and I have to replace it ~ every month, but it stopped the rubbing noise. 

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Apr 19, 2017

@dboettger wrote:

Thanks for the reply,

This is the exact thing that I've been doing 😃

works well!

Thanks!