Participant
Registered since

Jul 9, 2018

S, M, L earbuds all same size?

I have noticed all of the sizes (S,M,L) all have the same exact size earbud, the only difference is the size of the hook that curves around your inner ear, is this the way it's supposed to be or should I have different size buds as well?

I was hoping there was a small bud as I'm thinking the one I'm using is a bit too big keeping the whole earbud pushed out enough that it's kinda uncomfortable sleeping on my side.

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Enthusiast
Registered since

Jun 25, 2018

Re: S, M, L earbuds all same size?

I checked my own, and you're right, only the loop size changes. That's not what I would have expected.

Highlighted
Community Manager - Retired
Registered since

Mar 15, 2018

Hi Lucidlyseen

Thanks for posting in the community!  You are correct, the only difference would be for the "wing" on the tips, as the main "bud" part of the tips need to be the same size to house the connection points to the actual headset. 

Warm Regards,

Tony A - Community Support 

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Registered since

Jun 25, 2018

The part that fits in the ear doesn't need to be the same size - some people have smaller (or larger) ear canals than average. But I suppose Bose has lots of experience with this.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 25, 2018

Is there any way to change out the bud material for something a bit more pliable? The wing sizes are helpful but as others have said the bud piece is large for small ears rendering these a bit harder to get used to. Great concept but not as comfortable / easy to use at this price point.