BSandz1
Participant
Registered since

Jul 26, 2019

Sleep Buds Disconnect during night and are Super sensitive to connect to begin with... HELP

Hello.. I write for my frustrated wife. I am the reason she needs these sleep buds, so I want to be able to find her a solution, and fast...

Since receiving her earbuds, they’ve been very, very temperamental on connecting to begin with. Both charging and connecting, it seems if they aren’t positioned in the case by half a millimeter to one direction, they won’t connect or charge. When I’m next to her on a particularly bad night of sawing the largest of logs at 3am, she’ll scream in frustration when trying to get them to connect. That issue however, is less concerning, and she’s some how getting used to this. 

NOW, The sleepbuds have been disconnecting in the middle of the night. She awoke to find that it has disconnected, so she takes them out, replaces them in the case, to reconnect. They reconnect and are replaced in her ears, only to work for about ten minutes before disconnecting again. 

Please help. My snoring has has been the elephant in the room, and I’m working on losing weight to help. But in the meantime, these sleepbuds have been the only thing keeping us sleeping in the same bed together.  Any assistance?? Ideas? Do we have faulty sleepbuds, or is there an update sent that we missed? I’ll do anything..

7 REPLIES 7
Charlotte_G

Re: Sleep Buds Disconnect during night and are Super sensitive to connect to begin with... HELP

Hello BSandz1, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Bose Community. 

I'm truly sorry to hear that your wife is experiencing such issues with her Noise-masking Sleepbuds. I would love to offer some help with this matter. 

My first recommendation would be to visit btu.bose.com on your computer and ensure that the charging case is running the latest available firmware. Additionally, through the Bose Sleep app, ensure that the Sleepbuds are also up to date. 

In addition to this, I would suggest resetting the charging case. This can be done using a small pin or paper clip and inserting it into the hole on the back of the charging case. (As demonstrated via the image below)

resetting charging case.png

Once you have done this, please let me know if there has been any improvement to the behavior of the Sleepbuds.

I look forward to hearing back from you.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
BSandz1
Participant
Registered since

Jul 26, 2019

Re: Sleep Buds Disconnect during night and are Super sensitive to connect to begin with... HELP

Hello, replying as, I wanted to give enough time to give the sleep buds a chance after your latest reply, help for fix.  

My wife has continued to experience problems. One, the changing ports are incredibly sensitive, by the millimeter. On top of this, the pair seem to still disconnect at their pleasure, whether both or one.  But usually it’s just one. So she’s left with one that works and one that does not. She has middle of the night screen shots..

This is all after the updates and hard resets I have been instructed to do. She wants to look for other companies sleep buds, I know that Bose usually makes an amazing product, but just hoping to find a way that these work. 

Is this pair faulty?!
jonat
Enthusiast
Registered since

Jun 25, 2018

My guess is that this is the common symptom of the buds failing to charge, even if the case indicates they are charging. The app may report that the buds are at 48% or something lower than 100. Even if it says 100, they may run out of power during the night. That putting them in the case for a bit, only to have them disconnect a few minutes later, lends weight to that theory.

This is a very common problem - you'll see many threads here. You can call Bose and they will replace the product (mine have already been replaced once, but the new ones still fail like this.) I don't know why Bose hasn't actually solved the problem, instead of just kicking the can down the road.

BSandz1
Participant
Registered since

Jul 26, 2019

Interesting to me that Community Support comments originally, but not after the CTRL+ALT+Delete attempt doesn't work.. Any recommendations on where to go next?

Vicky_W

Hello BSandz1,

I am so sorry you are still having this issue. 

As you have tried all troubleshooting steps, the best option here would be to reach out to your local customer support center and explore the service options for your headset. You can do this by clicking this link here, selecting your region, scrolling to the bottom of the page, and selecting contact us. If you are in the US or UK you can also reach out via Facebook or Twitter and one of our team can help you there. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
jwbyrne
Advocate
Registered since

Sep 19, 2018

My advice to your wife is that she use the phone free feature.  This is a misnomer, what with the app having problems working with phones.

My iPad works much better, but still loses a bud during the night.

This is what I do. It works.

The app itself has become too unreliable.

Too many features, too many things going on that interrupt the bluetooth connection.

It will take a little patience to get the buds set up, because of the app not wanting to connect very well, but then they will just work.

That is, until the batteries give up the ghost.

jwbyrne
Advocate
Registered since

Sep 19, 2018

Oh and, by the way, there has been another update to the app just the other day.

The mods don’t seem to have mentioned.

I’m not seeing any great improvement.

It would be great if the simplified the whole thing so that the sleep buds might do a better job of helping people sleep.

Bells and whistles are nice, but not if they interfere with the primary purpose of the buds.