digitalmediaphile
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jun 22, 2018

Sleep Library has NO new noise masking sounds, only has overly bright new "relaxation" sounds

Beyond disappointed. After complaints (including mine) that the original sounds were mostly too "bright" (and for me, only Cascade was usable and on my 3rd st of buds, it still turns to mush after a few hours), Bose finally unveils the sleep library without a single new noise masking sounds. Only "relaxation" sounds, and those are overly "bright" when I preview them.

For a product called SLEEPbuds, I would have expected gentle, non vibrant real noise masking sounds. Does Bose NOT read/listen to feedback? 

To transfer a single sound, the app states from 1/2 hour up to 3 hours. 

15 REPLIES 15

Re: Sleep Library has NO new noise masking sounds, only has overly bright new "relaxation" sounds

Hi digitalmediaphile,

Thanks for the post, and thank you for the feedback about the new sounds.  I'll forward this up to the development team. 

This is a normal amount of time for a transfer that size.  BLE (Bluetooth Low Energy) uses a very small amount of power, and with that data transfer rates are much lower than standard Bluetooth.

If you have any more questions, please let us know.

Best Regards,

Brandon - Community Support

jimh12345
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Jul 18, 2017

Re: Sleep Library has NO new noise masking sounds, only has overly bright new "relaxation"

I just found out about rhe update and if it's as bad as you say, my first fear is that I'd lose the only sounds rhat work for me now (Cascade and Warm Static). If that's true, maybe I don't even want this update. Is it optional?
Radaway
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Oct 11, 2018

Re: Sleep Library has NO new noise masking sounds, only has overly bright new "relaxation"

<To transfer a single sound, the app states from 1/2 hour up to 3 hours.>

I agree, this is weird.

I can D/L a 8 Gig. kinda Blue Ray movie in about half an hour ( ofcourse depending on the seeds), ......and a Music file from Bose takes like ages Robot surprised

Also, One cant D/L all the files at a go, you have to do that 1 by 1......what ??????

was it so difficult to make a checkbox widget , to select all and D/L it all in 1 go . ?

This way , either I will have to take a Free day from work and D/L all the sounds 1 by 1...aaarggghh

or 

each evening(after work) 1 or 2 sounds at a time( since it eats into the buds' power juice also)  ...and this way maybe in a week I will have it all  Robot Mad

ha ha ha .........Smiley Tongue

This is really Prehistoric stuff  Guyz......

Come on BOSE, you have powerfull Servers & a 'normal' IT Dept. too .                                  ....(gulp.....I hope)

digitalmediaphile
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jun 22, 2018

Jim,

You can update the firmware, but you are not forced to add sounds. And you don't lose what you have now. I downloaded two of the new sounds  Cascade is still the only one that works for me. 

I tried Boardwalk and one other. I don't know why they only added so-called relaxation sounds and zero "noise masking" sounds. They advertise these as noise masking sleepbuds. But they are not delivering what they advertise. 

Radaway
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Oct 11, 2018

jimh12345 < Is it optional?>

yes it is .....

jimh12345
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Jul 18, 2017

Seems like they ignored every bit of feedback from this forum and went the exact opposite direction.
Radaway
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Oct 11, 2018

<Seems like they ignored every bit of feedback from this forum and went the exact opposite direction.>

I think...they already had this pre-planned with the intial product release , or these could be considered as the  1st 'service packs' that were already preplanned in the Release roadmap. 

We have started to give reviews maybe only a month or so now, and it seems unlikely that they could have boxed up all the reviews within 30 days in a workable scenario. Too short for a proper project planning.

However , I do hope , the reviews we plant here  will be planned from now on  and we should see a new set (feedback incorporated)  in the coming 6 months ....

Just my 2 cents here.

Highlighted
jimh12345
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Jul 18, 2017

Yes that's probably the case.  I think what these new sounds are aimed at is selling the product in stores.  You try it out, are impressed by the variety of sounds, which seem so relaxing in the store, and only later do you realize that it's the same wind chime and the same bird call every 10 seconds. and you can't stand it. 

If I could get at those sound files, I think I could edit them to be soooo much better.  Or replace them with different varieties of masking noise.  But I'd need an unlocked phone.   

Now we have to wait months for a real update, hoping it actually gives us the masking sounds we want.  

Radaway
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Oct 11, 2018

I think Bose's approach to these loopy sounds is just too simplistic.
even an amateur can record some sound digitally and re-rewind it in a loop again & again.
Bose are pioneers in Sound Tech..and seriously how they got into the loop trap here, just beats me.
Either they did not see this coming or their sound 'engineers' went cutting corners , to release the product asap. or a combination of both , or they outsourced it without proper specs.