jonpmcg
Participant
Registered since

Aug 17, 2019

Sleep buds disconnect during use

I have been using the sleepbuds since for over 6 months with no problems. However the sleepbuds have begun to disconnect repeatedly in the middle of the night and while testing during the day. Both the left and right have been affected, it is not consistent, sometime left first other time the right, eventually the second one also drops out. Buds are at 100%, during my testing. I place it in the charging pod to reconnect it; it reconnects and I put it back in my ear. It starts again like normal, but then disconnects again. Sometimes it only lasts a few seconds sometime 30mins before disconnecting again. While I am doing this, the charging pod and my phone are both right next to me (less than 50cm). I repeat the process, and it just keeps disconnecting. 

This is very frustrating, I have stopped using them at night now.

For info purposes, I am using an iPhone X, iOS 12.4 (up to date). I am using the Bose Sleep app version 2.2.1, Build version 1877. Charging case is up-to-date (2.0.0) using btu.bose.com, I have reset the case using an iphone clip inside the hole on the back of case until i  heard a "click".

3 REPLIES 3
Jeff_G

Re: Sleep buds disconnect during use

Hello jonpmcg,

Thanks for reaching out via the Community. Welcome to the site. 

I am very sorry to hear you are having issues with your Noise Masking Sleepbuds disconnecting during use.

I can see you have already performed some troubleshooting already. Can you also please try the following to see if this helps:

- Pair the Sleepbuds to another device to see if the same issue persists.

- Try Phone Free mode to see if the same issue persists.

- Try choosing a different sound

- Try uninstalling/reinstalling the app from your smartphone.

I'll be interested to hear how you get on. If anyone else is having similar issues, please feel free to join in the discussion.

Kind regards

Jeff G - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
susie6765
Participant
Registered since

Aug 20, 2019

I have all of the same issues and more...It used to be that one or the other earbud would not be recognized, but now it is consistently the left one. When I try to charge that one, I get only 3 dots lit up. 5 dots as usual for the right one. I tried the paperclip reset trick, to no avail.

Needless to say, this is extremely frustrating, and I really need these to connect to save me from my husband's snoring.

Help, please!

Jeff_G

Hello Susie6765,

Thanks for joining in the discussion. I am sorry to hear you are having issues with your Noise Masking Sleepbuds. 

If you have tried the suggested troubleshooting steps above, I would recommend reaching out to support in your country here.

Kind regards, 

Jeff G

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!