Sleep buds offline music

Highlighted
Silent Starter

Sleep buds offline music

Hello All, 

Will Bose app stream music to Sleep buds if there is no internet? Ex : I'm traveling in a plane and if I want to use it will it work? 

Thanks in advance. 

Anthonize

3 REPLIES

Re: Sleep buds offline music

Hi Sunrise,

Thanks for the great question. In order to achieve a form factor small enough to be comfortable for sleeping and fit a battery that can support sound playback for an entire night, we made a conscious design decision to not allow them to stream audio. They can only play sound files that are stored on the buds themselves. 

Regards,

Tony G - Community Support

Silent Starter

Thanks for reply. Let me re-phase the question. 

Once you download the app from the internet I hop it comes with preloaded sound files and pushes it to earbuds via Bluetooth. Then without any internet connection, I should be able to control earbuds (change sounds file ) as long as Bluetooth is available? I hope understood correctly. 

Another question is, how often do you update these sound files?

Thanks. 

Hi Sunrise,

Thanks for responding. The sound files are stored on the Sleepbuds themselves. The connection between your device and the Sleepbuds are only for controlling and setup.  You do not require an internet connection for the Sleepbuds to work. As far as your second question goes, there really isn't a schedule for updates on the Sleepbuds, you would receive a notification in the app when an update is available.

If you have any further questions that aren't covered here, I would contact your Sleepbuds support team for assistance. Here is the contact information: (800) 905-1273.

Regards,

Tony G