Notice

The Bose Community Forum was launched at a time when robust online support was not available for Bose customers. Over the past several years we have added new online service channels that provide a more interactive and complete digital experience. Additionally, we have enhanced the My Bose Account capabilities to deliver a more personalized and self-service experience. As a result, Bose has made the decision to close Community Forum for Consumer electronics products on September 30th. The Bose Pro portion of the Community will still operate as usual.

Please visit our support homepage to experience one of our many other digital service channels or simply use your Community log-in credentials to sign in to your My Bose Account to view your orders and view support options.

Thank you to all who have contributed and benefited from interacting in our Community. We look forward to continuing to serve you online.

Regards,
Bose Customer Service Team
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SleepyOne
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 28, 2019

Possible Fix for the Not Charging 58% Thing...

I just posted this same message in one of the other threads, but then I realized there are several different threads going on, all on this topic.  So I thought I would post this in a new, separate thread.  My apologies for the dupication.  Anyway ...

I may have a solution to the 58% thing.  Not sure.
Like others, I had my buds for a couple of months. Love them. Then the right one became stricken with the 58% illness, and nothing I could do would get it to charge past that (all firmware updates, lots of resets, etc.).  I gave up after about 3 weeks. Bose was wonderful about it, and shipped me a new set right away.

But while waiting for the new set to arrive, I did something that seemed to fix them  - both started charging to 100% again (for several days)!  But then the replacement ones from Bose showed up and so I sent the original ones back as Bose had requested.  So I wasn't able to do more testing.

Here is what I did. Perhaps someone else can try this ...
(1) Do the usual (put them in the case and let them charge for several hours).
(2) Open the case, but do NOT remove the buds.  The white lights on both sides should be on full indicating both buds are fully charged (but of course, we all know one of them isn't, even though both lights are on).

(3) WITHOUT removing the buds and with the CASE STILL OPEN, do the paperclip reset thing by sticking a paperclip into the hole on the back of the case.  Careful not to dislodge the buds while doing so.  You can tell the reset actually happened, because all the white lights on the case will momentary go out and then come back on again (because you left the case open, you will see the lights).

(4) Both white charging lights will start flashing again, indicating the buds are charging.  Shut the case and leave them alone to charge for another hour or so.  When I took mine out after that, the right one had charged up to 75%.  I used them that night, did normal charging on the following days (just put them in the case and left them each day) and both charged properly to 100% again every day after that.

Maybe it was just luck.  I had reset the case many times before, with no effect.  But perhaps doing it without having first removed the buds from the case and with the case open makes a difference.   Or maybe they are haunted.  I don't know.  Someone else should try my sequence though, in case it works.  I don't think the battery is actually bad. This has the feel of a software/firmware "glitch" where things get into some funny state and the case thinks they are fully charged when they aren't and stops charging them.  Good luck!  If this works (or doesn't work) for you, please report back here.

ThomasBB
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 29, 2019

Re: Possible Fix for the Not Charging 58% Thing...

Did the same, it worked for a few days and then back to the 58% magic level again.....BOSE needs to solve this issue instead of being nice and replacing the faulty ones, somewhere we are paying for this I suppose!

Hector_B

Hi ThomasBB, 

Thanks for posting and updating us all on this. I am sorry to hear that the steps that @SleepyOne kindly suggested did not resolve your issue. 

I would highly recommend that you also attempt all troubleshooting steps that we would suggest here.

Please do update us on the result of these steps. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B - Community Support 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
ThomasBB
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 29, 2019

Hi Hector,

Did all this, just face it, there's an issue with the Sleepbuds, it cannot be a coincidence. When will this be solved by BOSE, other than going to replace my current set for the 3rd time for the same problem each time?

Thomas

Hector_B

Hi ThomasBB, 

Thanks for posting and updating me on this, I am sorry to hear that your issue still persists and that you have had a bad experience with the headphones. 

I would highly recommend getting in touch with our Customer Service Team via clicking this link. Then kindly scroll and select your region, once this is done please scroll to Contact Us. The team will be on hand and ready to help.

I am sorry that the steps we provided above did not resolve this issue. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
ThomasBB
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 29, 2019

Hi Hector,

It seems BOSE is not getting the point, I am tired of continoulsy needing to replace my Sleepbuds, I want to know when you are going to release a new complete updated version. If I don't get a proper answer I will go to www.quieton.com and order (a cheaper) product there and will request a full refund for my current BOSE Sleepbuds, this is absolutely very disappointing and frustating.

Thomas

Hector_B

Hi ThomasBB, 

Thanks for posting and providing us with this feedback. I am deeply sorry to hear that you have had this experience and completely understand your frustrations. 

I don't currently have any information regarding future releases and can only apologize for this. If you do wish to pursue a refund you will need to reach out to our customer support team via this link here.

I am sorry to hear that we weren't able to assist you with your issue above. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

Pedro69
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 29, 2019

Re: Sleepbud does not charge beyond 58%

I've been having the very same issue with my right sleepbud - only charging to 58% and almost always disconnecting within a minute of being connected after removing from the charging case.

I've just plugged the charging case and sleepbuds into my home PC and clicked on the updater link (Bose updater) where I've downloaded the latest update.

Hopefully the issue is now fixed and the right earbud will now fully charge and stay connected.

If not, the next step is to return the buds. 

Zoe_C
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Mar 26, 2019

Hello Pedro69,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community! I am sorry to hear that you are having trouble with your Noise-Masking Sleepbuds, I know you have mentioned that you tried the update, however, have you tried doing a product reset?

To reset the charging case please follow the steps below:

1. Insert a thin paper clip or pin into the opening on the back of case next to the USB jack
  2. Push into the case until you feel a click.

I hope this helps, please let me know how you get on!

Kindest regards,

Zoe C

Pedro69
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 29, 2019

@Zoe_C wrote:

Hello Pedro69,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community! I am sorry to hear that you are having trouble with your Noise-Masking Sleepbuds, I know you have mentioned that you tried the update, however, have you tried doing a product reset?

To reset the charging case please follow the steps below:

1. Insert a thin paper clip or pin into the opening on the back of case next to the USB jack
  2. Push into the case until you feel a click.

I hope this helps, please let me know how you get on!

Kindest regards,

Zoe C

Hi Zoe,

I have done this several times and it possibly helped the first time (a number of weeks ago) but hasn't really provided any long time solution, imo.

When I'm resetting the charger I'm doing so with the buds inside - is this correct?

Once I hear the click is that it? Should I keep the button pressed beyond the click or is it simply in (with the paper clip), click, then remove?

Thanks!