Sleepbud's Project Manager Letter

Friendly Fanatic

Sleepbud's Project Manager Letter

Sid Sheck, project manager for Bose Sleepbuds, is moving on to his next project (typical for PM's with development projects).  He made a "final post" in the Sleepbud's Facebook page.  He was very clear regarding many of the issues expressed in this forum, as well as a road map (!) for some future bud upgrades.

At any rate, this should be required reading from users:

https://www.facebook.com/notes/bose-noise-masking-sleepbuds/final-post/2379559852061277/

3 REPLIES 3
Friendly Fanatic

Re: Sleepbud's Project Manager Letter

Thanks for this! Since I am a "retail" customer, I was not clued in to the Kickstarter discussions.

Highlighted
Animated Arbiter

Very interesting, thanks for posting.   When a project manager leaves, that usually means the product has been decalred "done" and won't be receiving more R&D expenditures.   But the thing that really disappoints me is the apparent emphasis on "soothing sounds",  which I for one don't need and don't even find soothing. 

This product is supposedly about sleep, not relaxing at the spa while I get a seaweed facial.  While the architecture for adding sounds is now in place, I don't sense any real comittment to producing them.  Those of us who want better masking sounds and less-detectable loops can only wait and see what, if anything, is delivered as the months go by.

Friendly Fanatic

Agreed, but many of us are not using the Buds to mask sounds.  It's all about soothing sounds and easily developing a sleep rhythm.  Think lulaby, but instead of a song we get a soothing day at the beach.

In short, the Buds can be used for relaxation and masking, maybe both.  I'm expecting many more sounds incoming.