Johnj
Contributor
Registered since

Apr 12, 2020

Re: Sleepbuds Firmware Update 7.2.1.0

They issued a recall so I feel like at this point if you continue to use them instead of having got the refund it’s on you. Be appreciative and thankful there is any form of support continuing for this product at all! 

Tatebiz
Enthusiast
Registered since

Jan 6, 2019

I have already exchanged them, before the recall ended. Like many, it continues to be a problem. This time, it’s not playing well with iPhone ver. 13.4.

Tatebiz
Enthusiast
Registered since

Jan 6, 2019

Tried that yesterday. Still “No dice” on the update. Wish I hadn’t reloaded the app! I had the update before that 😫

snohomish
Participant
Registered since

Apr 12, 2020

My earbuds stopped connecting a few days ago even though I hadn't upgraded from iOS 13.3 to 13.4. I'm using the 2.4.1 app version, build 2407. I don't know if the firmware has been updated. I went through all the recommended troubleshooting methods (restarting device, restarting Blueooth, resetting charging base). I deleted the app and reinstalled. I "forgot" the earbuds and tried to reconnect. The app detects the earbuds but can't pair anymore.

I decided to try updating to iOS 13.4. Didn't work. I tried connecting to my earbuds with a different iPhone that was still on 13.3 to see if I could install the firmware update if I hadn't already, but I couldn't connect.

Is there anything else I can do? When is the app update going to be released? This is a really expensive product to have this much trouble with.

affordablearcades
Participant
Registered since

Aug 10, 2017

One of mine did the battery 58% charge thing and would not go above.  I fixed it by resetting the case while just the faulty one was in the case, its since fully charged everytime from then without issue.

jwbyrne
Advocate
Registered since

Sep 19, 2018

My left bud is doing this now.

I’ve seen this phenomenon off and on.

It seems to come and go for me.

I had just decided to try this before reading your post.

I hope it works.

jwbyrne
Advocate
Registered since

Sep 19, 2018

The left bud is now reading 100%, but let’s see if it lasts.

^^^ Good tip^^^

Tatebiz
Enthusiast
Registered since

Jan 6, 2019

Both finally charged to 100%, then after 15 minutes the right one dropped to 54% (left is 93).  Back to square one ☝️ Pairs with my phone though 🤣

affordablearcades
Participant
Registered since

Aug 10, 2017

Mine did the same, i did this a few times and now batterys last the night and show 100.  They do take longer to charge

jwbyrne
Advocate
Registered since

Sep 19, 2018

So I did the charge the lower-reading battery thing (left one) and it charged to 100%, but then the right one was reading 3%.

Eventually, through continued resets after the batteries had stopped charging to get them to continue charging, they both ended up at 100%, so success.

After a nights use, they were reading properly in the low/high 30% range, which is great imo.

Have to wait to see what they are reading after charge tonight.

Overall, looking back, the app and firmware have been the biggest culprits in any problems I’ve encountered over the life of my Sleepbuds.

When new they worked well, and then things started going up and down, with each new update.

I’m still not convinced that any of this stuff has to do with the batteries themselves, but more to do with battery management issues.

The batteries were never going to last a long time, being small and unusual chemistry imo.

Getting a year of use would have been good before having to replace the Sleepbuds.

I feel that I have gotten good service out of them, all things considered, and they are still going.

My problem now is that I will not be able to buy a new pair when these give up the ghost.

I am really hoping Bose will market a Sleepbuds 2.0 soon.

Despite any frustrations encountered, they have worked for me.

Looking forward to the next iteration.