Re: Sleepbuds Firmware Update 7.2.1.0

good to hear 🙂 

sleep well

Tatebiz
Enthusiast
Registered since

Jan 6, 2019

Yes.  As many have done, I tried to do the update "No dice" and deleted the app and reloaded it, then went thru the whole Bluetooth reset (now they show as connected but unable to Forget this Device, so partially connected?), restarted my iPhone (already 13.4 because I was not notified that I needed to WAIT to install 7.2.1.0 BEFORE my phone automatically updates!) and then even completely deleted everything and restarted my phone!  I am retired IT, so I have tried every scenario.  It is hit or miss whether the buds will charge past 58% now.  I have already gone through the exchange process prior to Dec 2019, so now am I out of luck and Sleepless in Manteca?

Jorg
Contributor
Registered since

Apr 8, 2020

@Tatebiz :

apple had released an new ios version 13.4.1, maybe try that.

or just use another phone with the buds to try and update them.

hope it helps.

note: bose noted that they will comply with warranty responsibilities. If all fails you can appeal the it as an warranty issue.

OldBoldPilot
Participant
Registered since

Apr 10, 2020

I couldn't do the update with either my iPhone or my iPad, both of which were already updated to IOS 13.4. Finally, remembering that my wife usually lags in updating her devices, I downloaded the sleep app onto her iPad, set it up, and the update went right through. I then started the app on my iPhone and it works perfectly. Finally, I deleted the app from my wife's iPad. Hope this helps someone.

Valleyone
Participant
Registered since

Apr 11, 2020

My experience was very similar to yours. I hadn't experienced any problems with my sleep buds until my Iphone did the update. Then my sleep buds would no longer connect to the sleep app. Contacted Bose and ended up with a new pair of sleep buds, which didn't connect, either. (I knew they wouldn't). I had set them aside after trying everything and yesterday this information on the firmware update showed up in my Google feed. I was ecstatic! Sleep buds are now connected. After sleeping in our guest room for over 2 weeks, I'm back to sleeping with my snoring husband! I love my sleep buds, and am glad Bose took care of the issue. I would buy them again in a heartbeat.

Tatebiz
Enthusiast
Registered since

Jan 6, 2019

Did you have to find an old iPad? I don’t have one.

Jorg
Contributor
Registered since

Apr 8, 2020

Just use on older iphone/ipad or go to someone you know with an android and use it to update it.

and if there is no other option. Go to a store where you can test phones. Just use one of them with a temporary google account;)

OldBoldPilot
Participant
Registered since

Apr 10, 2020

Good thing we figured it out, because Bose service is completely shut down due to Covid. 

jwbyrne
Advocate
Registered since

Sep 19, 2018

So, no dice on the phone current ios, buds not even found on iPad current ios, no update available on btu.bose.

Could we get this update over on btu.bose please?

Thanks

Johnj
Contributor
Registered since

Apr 12, 2020

I was able to fix the stop charging at 58% on mine twice so far. I don’t believe it’s a problem with the battery so much as a software bug that stops it from either charging fully or makes it read at 58% when it’s actually higher. 

this problem started both times when I didn’t ensure both sleep buds were snug on the charger. One charges fully while the other stopped at 58 the next time I used it. 

I let them both go to 0% then reset the charging dock with a iPhone sim opener pin. Placed them on the charger, let them get to 20% or so then reset them with the pin again. Also redownloaded the app and reset my iPhone. 

hope this works for someone else too😁