IvyB8CH
Participant
Registered since

Sep 1, 2019

Sleepbuds SN difference

Initially, I really liked this product but I am now on my 3rd pair of sleepbuds.

First pair-right bud would not charge.

Second pair-left bud would not charge.

I went to the Bose store to get 2nd pair replaced...and received the “new” pair.

While registering the product, I noticed the SN on the box does NOT match the SN on the bud case, AT ALL!

Is it possible Bose is giving customers refurbished buds instead of new buds?  Would make sense since I am on pair number 3 and a lot of folks are having the same charging issue with this product.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Tegan_M

Re: Sleepbuds SN difference

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Hector_B

Hello IvyB8CH,

Thank you for messaging the Community. I am so sorry to hear that you have had this experience with your Sleepbuds. 

I would like to assure you that when exchanging a product, you will receive a brand new product and not a factory refurbished set. In regards to the incorrect Serial Number being placed on your products box, the Sleepbuds actually have four unique Serial Numbers for each packaged product:

• The right and left Sleepbud serial numbers are only found in the Bose Sleep app
  • The charging case has a serial number printed on the bottom
  • The original packaging also contains a serial number

All of these Serial Numbers are valid and unique to your product.

@rocoelho99 , I am very sorry to hear that you are having issues revolving around your replacement. If this process has taken this long, I would recommend getting back in contact with your regions Bose product support team for an update regarding the status of your exchange.  Please follow this link, select your region and scroll down to "Contact Us". There you will find the appropriate contact information.

I hope this helps. 

Tegan M- Community Support 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
rocoelho99
Contributor
Registered since

May 29, 2019

I'm quite sure they are using refurbished buds instead of new buds. I went to Bose store to replace my buds four weeks ago and I'm still waiting.

Tegan_M

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Hector_B

Hello IvyB8CH,

Thank you for messaging the Community. I am so sorry to hear that you have had this experience with your Sleepbuds. 

I would like to assure you that when exchanging a product, you will receive a brand new product and not a factory refurbished set. In regards to the incorrect Serial Number being placed on your products box, the Sleepbuds actually have four unique Serial Numbers for each packaged product:

• The right and left Sleepbud serial numbers are only found in the Bose Sleep app
  • The charging case has a serial number printed on the bottom
  • The original packaging also contains a serial number

All of these Serial Numbers are valid and unique to your product.

@rocoelho99 , I am very sorry to hear that you are having issues revolving around your replacement. If this process has taken this long, I would recommend getting back in contact with your regions Bose product support team for an update regarding the status of your exchange.  Please follow this link, select your region and scroll down to "Contact Us". There you will find the appropriate contact information.

I hope this helps. 

Tegan M- Community Support 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!

View solution in original post

ivrrn
Participant
Registered since

Dec 7, 2018

I just received a replacement for my 2018 manufactured sleepbuds with the 48% and now 58% charging issue and like Ivy / roco the SN on the bottom of the case doesn't match the SN on the box but the 8th digit is a 9 so at least they were manufactured this year.

Will know soon enough if these also have the charging issue I guess. As long as that's fixed once and for all I don't care if they're factory refurbished at this point.

EBL
Participant
Registered since

Sep 2, 2019

I have had this product exchanged 4 times and every single time it stopped working  after some weeks: first pair - left sleep bud cannot be found by app and does not emit any sound; second pair - high piched sound in the right bud; third pair - left sleep bud stop emitting sound after about 20 minutes; fourth pair - right sleepbud stops emitting sound after about 20 minutes . Tried all the procedures they suggested to solve the issue, no luck. I have read (too) many other posts describing the same issues. Yet Bose proposes only a replacement. At this point they should recall the product or at least offer a reimbursement. It simply does not work, there must be an issue in its design. It’s a shame as the idea is really good and I would love this product if it worked for more than a few weeks... It seems strange to me that Bose hasn’t realized that there is a serious issue with this product and that they need to deal with it.