Sleepbuds not a good choice for mechanical heart valve sounds

SOLVED
Highlighted
Silent Starter

Sleepbuds not a good choice for mechanical heart valve sounds

I had a very specific purpose for trying Sleepbuds that I wanted to share with other purchasers that may have the same issue.  I have a mechanical heart valve (result of valve replacement surgery) and needed a way to mask the sound of the valve.  A recent study showed that a majority of people with mechanical heart valves have difficulty sleeping, and that was the case for me as a result of the loud beat sound that the valve makes.  I already owned Bose Quiet Comfort 20 ear buds, and these are very effective at masking the sound.  However, it is very uncomfortable to sleep on your side with these in place, plus it can be annoying to have wires wrapped around you since these are wired earbuds.  SO I was very excited about the wireless sleepbuds, as their sleek design and long life battery seemed to be the solution.  Unfortunately, what I discovered is that the very different approach to noise reduction in the Sleepbuds, which is a tight seal, has the effect of magnifying the internal pulse sound in my ears, and the masking sounds are not sufficient to overcome that noise.  So for anyone seeking a solution for mechanical heart valve noise, I can recommend the Quiet Comfort 20 ear buds, but the Sleepbuds are unlikely to work for you (they are similar to trying to just use ear plugs, which also just magnify the internal pulse in your ears).  In the meantime, my quest continues for a wireless, long battery life ear bud that allows the ability to sleep on your side and blocks loud internal heart beat sounds!  Hopefully Bose will address this.  If not and anyone knows of another ear bud currently available that works, please let me and others know about it!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Author Accepted Answer selected by Mgoblue

Accepted Solutions
Community Manager

Re: Sleepbuds not a good choice for mechanical heart valve sounds

Hi Mgoblue,

Thank you for taking the time to try out the new Noise Masking Sleepbuds and letting us know about your experience!  Hopefully this will reach similar users and help them in their decisions of the headset.  If anything new comes up, we'll be sure to inform the Community as soon as we hear.

Warm Regards,

Tony A - Community Support 

1 REPLY 1
Community Manager

Re: Sleepbuds not a good choice for mechanical heart valve sounds

Hi Mgoblue,

Thank you for taking the time to try out the new Noise Masking Sleepbuds and letting us know about your experience!  Hopefully this will reach similar users and help them in their decisions of the headset.  If anything new comes up, we'll be sure to inform the Community as soon as we hear.

Warm Regards,

Tony A - Community Support