Radaway
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Oct 11, 2018

Sound duration/composition for future versions , Nice-To-Have feature.

Right now most of the sounds are in short loops.
for eg, water splashing(cant remember the name) will repeat in a loop. while sleeping I can tell now its about to loop . and then it loops.
same with the rain splash too...the same frequency and amplitude , loop after loop. and these loops are actually quiet short , maybe 7-12 secs...
This does not help in sleeping, because the brain kind of gets trained to think: here comes the next loop , here comes the loop ...and bingo ..and this deters the sleep.(at least mine:)
The loops can be made longer, maybe a loop each hour or even more.
right now a trained mind can deduce the short loops and its repitation can be irritating.
a seamless long length of variable sounds is actually what  is desired of. (with no message for the brain: here comes the next loop now.)

This would be a Nice-To-Have feature.

13 REPLIES 13

Re: Sound duration/composition for future versions , Nice-To-Have feature.

Hi Radaway,

Thanks for the suggestion!  I'll send this up to the Sleepbuds development team as a recommendation.

Best Regards,

Brandon - Community Support

Warcryjohn
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 18, 2018

I totaly agree what you said
The loops are way too shorts and have a bad impact on my sleep, my brain know when the loop is ending and focus on the sound.
I just don’t use them anymore.
Please Bose this is a very important thing !
Highlighted
Radaway
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Oct 11, 2018

1) shower = loop is recognised. the pattering is not the issue, the slight  individual 'falling drops' are in a loop.

2) swell =  is just  too repetitive. The same 2 'swells' all the time. it never differs, never is out of synch , never ceases, but always in fixed patterns of 2.

3) Altitude = disturbing . An airplane motor for a peaceful nights sleep..hmmm... maybe it suits to others , I dont know

4)  Cascade  = makes a very small 'not cascade' sound on the left ear ( after a few seconds).  repetitive

5) circulate = something like 'Altitude '.

6) downstream =  no comments yet on this. I havent discovered anything on this one, except a slight gurgling sound deep in the background on the right ear. It may come as repetitive.

7) warm static =  is the sound I mostly listen to. It's (as the name suggests), static. No amplitude/frequency distortion. is continuos on a stable note. its not in a loop(at least the brain does not hear it like that). it's a constant hum....no ups and downs .

😎 Rustle = the same glitchy 'rustle' on top of the all conquering rustle (more on the right ear , and some on the left ear). This is definitely in a horrible loop.

9)Tranqulity =  The only one thats music based , has up and down notes. I dont listen to it. If I need to listen to music while sleeping , I can put on other sources.

10) Campfire = crackling.....with more crackling short bursts on top ...on both Left and Right.  No, not for me .

If there are others here , who can also score the default Bose sounds provided on this thread, then Bose will have enough data to work on better sounds for their customers. The more data there is, the more we stand to benefit as customers. 

After all we are all on the same boat here .  We all have trouble sleeping soundly.....otherwise we wont be here at all  🙂

Thanks all.

jimh12345
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Jul 18, 2017

I think many users will come to agree that Cascade and Warm Static are the ones that work. It's a new product, hopefully Bose will respond to user feedback and give us some new sound options in the near future.

Hello All,

Thank you for the great ideas. We're tracking all of these and passing them to development.

Let us know if you have any other thoughts.

Regards,

Joel - Community Support

deliddell
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 10, 2017

I also agree with you. I have unfortunately found the loop edges in Swell, Rustle, and Crackle and can no longer use them for sleep. These loops need to be longer or mixed better so the the edges are undistinguishable. I hope that this issue will be resolved soon.

I would also like to see an option to choose multiple loops to layer. Lets say one loop with a steady sound and one with more movement in it.

jonat
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jun 25, 2018

I've settled for now on Circulate - it works for me.  I keep the volume fairly low - it's just enough to offset my Tinnitus and mask surrounding sounds. I find I sleep much longer and better with the Sleepbuds than without them.

Radaway
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Oct 11, 2018

Hi jonat 

You mentioned: I keep the volume fairly low - it's just enough

cascade.png

I use the volume somewhere here (see image file). is it possible to know, where do you set your volume button to ?

Just curious(what is 'fairly Low' ) as I am experimenting with different options with the new product.
Thx. in Advance.

jonat
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jun 25, 2018

Here is how I have it set:

yzRHxVb.jpg

A bit higher than yours, I guess. This is for "Circulate". I'm just trying to give my brain something else to hear instead of focusing on the ringing. It's similar to the volume of the white noise machine I use at home.