Notice

The Bose Community Forum was launched at a time when robust online support was not available for Bose customers. Over the past several years we have added new online service channels that provide a more interactive and complete digital experience. Additionally, we have enhanced the My Bose Account capabilities to deliver a more personalized and self-service experience. As a result, Bose has made the decision to close Community Forum for Consumer electronics products on September 30th. The Bose Pro portion of the Community will still operate as usual.

Please visit our support homepage to experience one of our many other digital service channels or simply use your Community log-in credentials to sign in to your My Bose Account to view your orders and view support options.

Thank you to all who have contributed and benefited from interacting in our Community. We look forward to continuing to serve you online.

Regards,
Bose Customer Service Team
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ssahnan
Participant
Registered since

Nov 14, 2018

Transfers freezing after 5%, can’t delete transferred sounds either

As the title says, any sound I try to transfer freezes at 5%. I have a few on there successfully, so I’m wondering if I’m running out of space. The problem is I’m not getting the prompt to delete sounds like I’m supposed to.
8 REPLIES 8
Joel_D
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Re: Transfers freezing after 5%, can’t delete transferred sounds either

Hello Ssahnan,

Thank you for posting and welcome to the community.

I'm sorry to hear this is happening. You would typically get a pop-up message stating that you have to delete sounds if the memory was full.

Are you noticing that your Sleepbuds are disconnecting during this transfer?

Also, what device are you using with them?

Let me know the results.

Warm Regards,

Joel - Community Support

Ssahnan
Participant
Registered since

Nov 14, 2018

Using on latest iOS on iPhone X. The pair don’t seem to be disconnecting as I can still play sounds after the progress of upload has halted. I noticed the app was updated today but I’m still seeing same behavior. Basically I’m stuck with whatever profiles are in there as there is no other way to delete profiles outside of the single method described and I can’t add any profiles because I am guessing it’s stopping at 5% because it’s full. Is there any method to do a factory reset on the headsets? I know the dock can be reset but can the earbuds be factory reset?
Joel_D
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hello Ssahnan,

Thank you for the reply.

The Sleepbuds themselves cannot be factory reset; only the case can be reset. 

Let's try a couple of things:

• Uninstall and reinstall the Bose Sleep app
  • Update your case by going to btu.bose.com without the sleepbuds in the case via USB from a computer
  • Forget the Sleepbuds in your Bluetooth settings on your iPhone, then repair 

Let me know if this helps.

Regards,

Joel 

dandrewk
Enthusiast
Registered since

Jul 19, 2018

Depending on your phone, you may not be able to "forget" the Buds bluetooth connection.  You can see the connection(s) in the phone's settings, but there isn't any method to forget them.  It's the way BLE works.

Ssahnan
Participant
Registered since

Nov 14, 2018

Reinstalling app did not work. I even upgraded my phone this week (not for this reason of course) and still same issue. Without a factory reset function or some way to get to the delete screen without choosing to install another sound first, my buds are basically stuck as they are from what I can tell
Ssahnan
Participant
Registered since

Nov 14, 2018

I also tried the other solutions to no success.
Radaway
Collaborator
Registered since

Oct 11, 2018

welcome to the club

I had posted exactly the same around 3 weeks ago on the Post : 'Sleep Library has NO new noise masking sounds, only has overly bright new "relaxation"sounds',
+++++++++++++++++++++++++ snip +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
also, did you (or anyone on this forum ) try to install all the sounds , where one comes to the point when the  BOSE app. mentions, 1st delete existing sounds to free up space.
I want to know what are your experiences here. ..... for me it 's pathetic without going into the details (taste it yourself).

+++++++++++++++++++++ End Snip +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

glad others are gradually coming around it too now.

Joel_D
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi Ssahnan,

Thank you for testing all of those steps.

I would suggest contacting support if the recent update for the case was unable to resolve your issue.

Warm Regards,

Joel - Community Support