Highlighted
Collaborator
Registered since

Jun 16, 2017

Unable to stream audio

I have a Motorola Moto X (2nd generation) with Android 5.1. Phone calls are very good quality. Video and audio of all types steamed from my Macbook Pro via bluetooth to my hearphones is excellent [my Mac Mini will not connect through bluetooth at all - separate issue]. 

Whenever I try to stream audio from any source through bluetooth to my hearphones from my Moto X the audio is brearly audible. I also have an open ticket with my phone provider.

So, in summary, phone calls are received from my Moto X to my hearphones though bluetooth are fine. Any other audio can hardly be heard.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Unable to stream audio from Motorola Moto X

Author Accepted Answer selected by theriac

Hi theriac,

I'm sorry to hear that you're unable to hear multimedia audio from your Motorola Moto X.  Since your Hearphones work fine with your Macbook Pro via Bluetooth, I'm inclined to think your Hearphones are working. 

Did I miss it? Have you tried connecting another device to your Motorola Moto X via Bluetooth? Does the multimedia audio work okay?

If everything works fine with a different Bluetooth device, please call us at 800-761-2673 (Bose Support for Hearphones). Or, if you've done enough typing - we'd be happy to hear from you voice-to-voice.

Thank you.

ST

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi theriac,

I did some hunting around and found an article on the Motorola/Lenova site.

Is there anything helpful for you there?

ST

Highlighted
Collaborator
Registered since

Jun 16, 2017

Re: Hearphones

Hello ST,

Very much appreciate the hunting around. Unfortunately, I can find no places where my phone reports any of the status messages they say to look for... "Connected to phone audio" or "Connected to media audio", or "Connected to phone and media audio".

I've been in contact with my phone provider and they had me restart the phone in "Safe Mode", but that makes no difference.

What seems odd to me is that all audio is played back perfectly during phone conversations or when coming from my computer. I'll play precisely the same audio source through the phone and it doesn't work.

I wish I could find those status messages, unfortunately cannot.

Don't spend a lot of time on the issue, I can live with it, it's just something that drives me nuts.

Thanks!

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 13, 2016

Hello theriac,

Is this in reference to the HearPhones or a different set of headset?  

Highlighted
Collaborator
Registered since

Jun 16, 2017

Emmet_H,

This is in reference to my HearPhones.

Highlighted
Collaborator
Registered since

Jun 16, 2017

I am hoping to revisit this issue, still unresolved.

With my HearPhones® I am very pleased with audio from my iPad or Mac when connected through bluetooth. Unfortunately, even with the volume on my Motorola Moto X phone set to max, I can just barely hear audio from sources such as YouTube video or voice messages when connected through bluetooth. When I receive a call, I need to lower the audio on my device, otherwise it is too loud, so that is perfect.

When I contact the tech support for my phone they tell me it must be some volume control from my Hearphones. The only control for volume I find from my headset is "Bluetooth Audio Boost" in settings, which I have at "More Boost".

I'd really like to figure this out. I tried pairing with a co-worker's android phone and it is the same problem. Before I go back, yet again, to the tech support for my phone I am wondering if there is anything anyone in the Bose Community might suggest or if there might be some solution through my Haerphone app.

Has anyone else experienced this issue???

Community Manager
Community Manager

Author Accepted Answer selected by theriac

Hi theriac,

I'm sorry to hear that you're unable to hear multimedia audio from your Motorola Moto X.  Since your Hearphones work fine with your Macbook Pro via Bluetooth, I'm inclined to think your Hearphones are working. 

Did I miss it? Have you tried connecting another device to your Motorola Moto X via Bluetooth? Does the multimedia audio work okay?

If everything works fine with a different Bluetooth device, please call us at 800-761-2673 (Bose Support for Hearphones). Or, if you've done enough typing - we'd be happy to hear from you voice-to-voice.

Thank you.

ST

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Collaborator
Registered since

Jun 16, 2017

Hello, thanks for the help. It's a bit embarassing, but with your help and that of hearphones tech support I discovered that even though my phone was showing no way to adjust the media volume, I could do so from one of the controls on the hearphones themselves. I didn't realize that until downloading a more sophisticated media player app.

With some egg on my face I am ready to close this "issue". 

Great support, and fabulous hearphones. I'll be writing and posting about what a terrific improvement thay have made in my life.

Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi theriac,

I'm happy to hear you've got the audio from your Motorola Moto X working. 

Don't be embarrassed. I missed it too. But now we'll remember this when someone else asks.

I'm looking forward to reading more about Hearphones are working for you.

ST