Highlighted
Technicalleigh
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 15, 2017

Unwanted power-on when connecting to charger

Often (but not always*) when I connect a charger to my HearPhones while they're powered off, the HearPhones automatically turn on and connect to my phone for Bluetooth audio. I don't want this to happen since I'm not wearing them during charging. Is this normal? And is there a way to prevent this? Thanks!

* I think it depends on how recently I powered them off? Not sure.

Firmware 1.4.1, Bose Hear app 1.2.4 (build 0e3ce1a) on Android

4 REPLIES 4
Community Manager

Re: Unwanted power-on when connecting to charger

Hi Technicalleigh,

Thank you for joining the Bose Hearphones Community.  I'm sorry you're having a problem with your Hearphones powering on when you charge them.  I think we'll be addressing this very soon. Please stay tuned.

In the meantime, I hope you are enjoying your Hearphones.

ST

Community Manager

Hi Technicalleigh,

Thank you for joining the Bose Hearphones Community.  I'm sorry you're having a problem with your Hearphones powering on when you charge them.  I think we'll be addressing this very soon. Please stay tuned.

In the meantime, I hope you are enjoying your Hearphones.

ST

Technicalleigh
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 15, 2017

Thanks ST -- When you say "addressing this very soon", does that mean that the behavior is normal for now? (And that a firmware change may be in the works?)

In any case, I can live with this little nuisance since the Hearphones are so great! It's awesome to have tech doing what my brain can't do for itself.  🙂

Community Manager

Hi @Technicalleigh

We just released a firmware update that should help. You can read all about it here:

Firmware 1.6.3 Announcement and discussion

Please let us know if the new firmware removes this nuisance for you.

Thanks,

ST