Moonchime
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 10, 2018

Visible volume scale please

It would be great if there could be some visible markers on the volume slider. I leave the volume set in one position but occasionally experiment. I usually want to return to the previous setting. This is so difficult when the only way is by guesswork. A numbered scale would be so useful. Thanks.
8 REPLIES 8

Re: Visible volume scale please

Hi Moonchime,

Thank you for your post.

This is a great recommendation!  I'll send this right over to the sleepbuds team.

Please let us know if you have any others.

Best Regards,

Brandon - Community Support

Moonchime
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 10, 2018

Thanks. It would make a huge difference.
Yes I have got another idea😁 I would love the sound of a cat purring added to the sounds library. Well researched as calming and relaxing. I'd definitely make good use of that.
richardm
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Dec 8, 2018

I have iPhone 8 and have been told by a tech at Bose, that "her" iPhone volume controls also control the Bose earbuds.... Calling back to another tech, later, he informed me it's different for diffeerent phones.   Why.????  The biggest issue I have with mine is waking in the middle of the night and realizing I need to up or lower the volume.  That means opeing the phone, and using the finger slider.... alll of wich wake my wife.... It would be so much easier (and more considerate)  to simply use the buttons on the side of the phone

Highlighted
jimh12345
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Jul 18, 2017

On my Samsung S8 the volume buttons only work if i wake up the phone - it's a drag.
richardm
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Dec 8, 2018

I would even prefer that.  I have to wake the iphone, then open the app.  Then use the slider, which means I have to put my glasses on and look at the screen.... I have been told by a tech with iPhone 10 that the volume controls work from the phone.... I hope "someone" can make a simple program upgrade for those of us with old stuff , so we don't have to wake up our partners to adjust volume ...

Fontinalis
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 16, 2018

What would be even more important is that the level is indicated in decibels, as there are caution to be used in the amount of decibels one should listen to for a prolong period, even in the case of white noises. I would love to know, if not thru a sound level indicator, how much decibel is the lowest audible level, for instance. 

richardm
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Dec 8, 2018

For me, the most important thing is to be able to adjust the sound level without needing to be fully awake..  using the phone buttons is far more convenient in the dark, than having to open the app and using my finger to slide, when all I want is a little up or a little down..... Bose techs are you listening????  It would be awesome if they actually had noise canceling capabilities... then when sounds increase, so would the app.   But probably not for $250.

Also annoying is the lack of spell check on this site..... a really easy fix

Fontinalis
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 16, 2018

An even better feature regarding volume scale would be a seperate volume for the right and the left sleepbuds.

People sometimes hear differently from one ear to the other. And hearing white noise louder on one side is VERY distracting.

Bose is suppose to be this giant when it comes to sound... Here is the time to excell. The sleepbuds are clearly a product aimed at wellness, health, etc. Not audiophiles. So, if you are going the route of health and wellness, address it for real.