Highlighted
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Jul 31, 2018

Voice Prompts

This is more a request for some documentation than a feature on the hearphones (which I am very happy with so far, except for a few glitches, which I will describe in another post).

But I would like a list of the voice prompts, what triggers each of them, and what do they mean. They are confusing and seem inconsistent, and I am not sure I am hearing them or understanding them correctly.

If this list exists, please point me in the right direction?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Manager

Re: Voice Prompts

Author Accepted Answer selected by bhaugen

HI bhaugen,

Thank you for joining the Bose Hear Community. It's great to hear you are happy with your Hearphones.

There aren't many voice prompts.

When you turn the power:

• Battery ____ percent
  • Connecting to __________________ (the name of your Bluetooth device)
  • Connected to __________________ (the name of your Bluetooth device)

Other times

• ____________ (the name of your Bluetooth device) lost 
    • This happens when the connection to a Bluetooth device is disconnected
    • This happens Hearphones connects to a Bluetooth device.
  • Ready to Pair
    • If you press and hold the power button to put you Hearphones into Bluetooth pairing mode, you will hear Ready to Pair
  • Bluetooth device list cleared
    • If you press and hold the power button to put you Hearphones to clear the Bluetooth device list. you will hear Bluetooth device list cleared
  • If you press the power button briefly, you will hear the name of the Bluetooth device to which you are currently connected.
  • If you press the power button briefly after you have heard the name of the Bluetooth device to which you are currently connected, Hearphones will announce the name of another device that has been paired.  Then it will try to connect to that device.

That's all for now. If I find a list I'll add more information.

ST

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Community Manager

Author Accepted Answer selected by bhaugen

HI bhaugen,

Thank you for joining the Bose Hear Community. It's great to hear you are happy with your Hearphones.

There aren't many voice prompts.

When you turn the power:

• Battery ____ percent
  • Connecting to __________________ (the name of your Bluetooth device)

Other times

• This happens Hearphones connects to a Bluetooth device.
  • Ready to Pair
    • If you press and hold the power button to put you Hearphones into Bluetooth pairing mode, you will hear Ready to Pair
  • Bluetooth device list cleared
    • If you press and hold the power button to put you Hearphones to clear the Bluetooth device list. you will hear Bluetooth device list cleared
  • If you press the power button briefly, you will hear the name of the Bluetooth device to which you are currently connected.
  • If you press the power button briefly after you have heard the name of the Bluetooth device to which you are currently connected, Hearphones will announce the name of another device that has been paired.  Then it will try to connect to that device.

That's all for now. If I find a list I'll add more information.

ST

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Jul 31, 2018

Thanks a lot, ST. Might be a good permanent doc somewhere...?

@ST wrote:

That's one of the prompts I was confused about. Sometimes it says (the name of your Bluetooth device) disconnected, sometimes lost.

Another set of confusing prompts came up when the hearphones seemed to be confused, trying to connect to somebody else's phone when I didn't have mine.

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jul 29, 2018

ST,

I left a message with a similar request for a list of Voice Prompts for the QC30 on Sunday.  With your response here you can claim solved on that other one.  Two birds!

I thought on my QC30s I was hearing ¨scrawl¨or ¨crawl¨  After reading your list, I now think it is saying ¨lost¨

Your Voice Prompt list should be posted somewhere on the site.  It may help your customers who speak English as a second language, as well as this native-speaker.

Thanks.