SaraS
Participant
Registered since

Jul 14, 2020

When will new Bose Sleepbuds be available?

I wish i had never returned my sleepbuds as recommended as they worked perfectly fine. I see that software updates are available! 

That being said, I really miss my sleepbuds. With small tweaks (better choice of sounds/sleep stories) it was/is an excellent product. I have not found a replacement option that does not gouge out a new shape in my auditory cannals.

Does Bose have developement plan for a replacement product? 

11 REPLIES 11
PHOC
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 3, 2019

Re: When will new Bose Sleepbuds be available?

I'd like to know where Bose is in its work to improve the Sleepbuds and when it will bring them back to the market.  Can a Bose representative please respond to this inquiry with some status info?

They have changed my life.  I suffer from an aggressive form of Tinnitus -- it's 7 days a week, 24 hours a day.  NOTHING else I have tried over the last 10 years has even approached helping like my Sleepbuds, and there is NOTHING else on the market that does what these do.

Going to sleep with a loud, high-pitched SCREECH inside your head is really, REALLY hard, and Bose Sleepbuds did for me what nothing else could -- it shuts out ambient noise, and gives my mind another, much more pleasurable sound to focus on.

If this pair goes and there is still no Bose replacement, I'll be left back where I started.  I've spent hundreds of hours, and no small amount of money to try to find something else that comes close.  There is nothing.  Please Bose, bring them back!

Anne_S
Community Manager - Retired
Registered since

Apr 3, 2018

Hi all,

We know that Sleepbuds have changed the nights (and days in some cases) of many of our customers and that you are looking forward to a replacement. I currently don't have any news for you, but I recommend that you keep an eye on our website for all our latest news and annoucements. 

All the best.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Tpuffett
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 10, 2020

Hi, I went into one of the bose stores at the weekend and was told that the next generation is coming out very soon (as early as next month).    I hope it's true.    Can Bose confirm this?

Tpuffett
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 10, 2020

I was told there is a new battery, a different way of charging so that the magnets wont fall of and also that there are not longer made of plastic so you wont get the squeaking in your ears when you sleep on your side.   They sound like a big improvement.  Cant wait for the relaunch in the next couple of weeks.

Tegan_M

Hi Tpuffett,

Glad to hear that you are excited towards our products.

At this time we do not have any information regarding the release of a second generation of Sleepbuds. I'm sorry we have no further details to share at this time. However, we do encourage you to check our website - bose.com - and social media pages from time-to-time for all future updates and product launches. 😊

Have a great day!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
obispoalvarez
Participant
Registered since

Aug 7, 2020

I hope BOSE will continue to work on new Sleepbuds which have been of great help to sleep to the more than 6 million of us who are bothered by Tinnitus.

jimh12345
Enthusiast
Registered since

Jul 18, 2017

I've re-glued magnets 3 times.  My batteries still work.  But now, the right bud has lost about half its sound output volume.  I've verified that it's not clogged or obstructed.  It still works, it's just half as loud as the left.

I've met my match.  This problem I can't fix.

So I'm at the point of buying something else, just as rumors are showing up that Bose has a new version coming.    From what I read here, I guess I should assume it could be next month... or next year... or never.

JSAudio
Participant
Registered since

Sep 6, 2020

+1 really hope this is true! Hopefully any updates could be posted in this thread?

KernelAgainstTheWall
Collaborator
Registered since

Jul 1, 2019

I've also carefully re-glued the magnets at least 3 times - and just recently I also noticed that the left earbud is now a lot less loud than the right. That's happened before and the problem was earwax build-up, but this time that's not it. Really too bad, as I didn't have any battery problems at all and I was beginning to think I'd be using these for a long time, at least until Bose comes out with a new version.

But I can't wait that long. I signed up for the Amazfit Zenbuds when they had their funding campaign, and the latest news is that they should ship soon.