digitalmediaphile
Collaborator
Registered since

Jun 22, 2018

When will there be new sounds? I find only *1* is usable

Cascade is the only usable sound for me. I'd love a GENTLE Rain sound, as the Shower is too intense (not a volume thing). Swell keeps me awake, something about the rhythm, Altitude is terrible, Cascade is almost ok, too strong (this isn't a volume thing). Circulate "competes" with the fan in my bedroom. Downstream is too intense like the others, Warm Static is too weird. Have not tried Rustle as I've never liked the sound of rustling leaves. Tranquility keeps me awake. Campfire, have not tried, never thought the sound of a real campfire was pleasing. 

Would love to have other sounds to swap in. Any guestimate on when there might be other choices?

5 REPLIES 5
Mohsin_S
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Re: When will there be new sounds? I find only *1* is usable

Hey digitalmediaphile,

Great feedback, we really appreciate that you shared this with us! I do not have a time-frame to provide but we are working on developing new and improved sounds including sound-swapping functionality. 

We'll keep you informed of any new information. 

Thank you and have a great one!

Mohsin- Community Support

jcsounds
Participant
Registered since

Aug 28, 2018

Tranquility would be wonderful if engineered with a little more thought, but the "soothing" notes are actually only a very short cycle, repeating endlessly... The monotonous pattern is not very creative, and extremely annoying.

dandrewk
Collaborator
Registered since

Jul 19, 2018

In the meantime, you should give "Rustle" a try, my current "go to" sound.  It's not so much rustling leaves (not sure if I even detect that), it's more "wind blowing in the trees".  It's probably the most nuanced of the current lineup with several layers.  I don't mind "altitude", but only because I've several long nights sleeping on an airplane.  Cascade is definetly another fav.

jimh12345
Enthusiast
Registered since

Jul 18, 2017

I really hope Bose follows through on new sounds. I came close to returning mine, but decided to keep them and count on some improved sounds.

As others have said, only a couple are usable, mainly Cascade. Others are too rough and edgy, and the 10 second loop is all too obvious. And some include a definite pitch which i can't tolerate.

If memory is limited, i'd like to be able to choose a couple that I like and download longer versions, omitting the others.
Gunz1
Participant
Registered since

Sep 17, 2018

I have severe tinnitus and the ability to be mobile with this is terrific.  However, I miss the white noise, purple and blue noise that matches my tinnitus on other apps.   Would love to regain the ability to capture those sounds.