Highlighted
Community Manager

Where can I buy Hearphones?

Hearphones are available at select stores in the US. You can find the closest store by going to the Store Locator on the Hearphones site.

We plan to roll out additional US stores over the course of the year and open up US online sales as well.

ST

16 REPLIES 16
Highlighted
Noisy Narrator
Registered since

Feb 3, 2017

Re: Where can I buy Hearphones?

@ST honestly these sound like amazing devices from all I've been reading here today!  Are these not sold at all Bose retail stores?  You mention US only...  any chance these are sold at Canadian locations such as the Bose Showcase Store in Pacific Centre mall in Vancouver, BC?  

*** Please Note: I do not work for Bose; please don't private message me your support questions!
Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 16, 2017

I was told about these while at a tradeshow today when I told the rep I was single side deaf. Sadly there is no bose store within 2 states of me (Minnesota). Can we get them at BestBuy or Mall of America asap?! These could honestly make a major medical quality of life improvement for those like me. For those that don't know people who are SSD have no sound depth perceptions so in a noisy eniroment its impossible to pick up voices.
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi Mutnat,

I'm sorry. Hearphones are not available outside the US.

Hearphones are available in select Bose stores in the US right now. Palo Alto California is closest store to you in Vancouver, BC.

They are going to be available more Bose stores soon.

@David S.

You can check this site for the most current information: Hearphones - Store Locator

ST

Highlighted
Noisy Narrator
Registered since

Feb 3, 2017

@ST Palo Alto's a bit far, lol.  Oh well, I'm not in a rush at this point.  I'll keep watching for further stores.  Keep Vancouver in mind, please.  You've got the retail space already, no reason not to offer them up.  🙂

*** Please Note: I do not work for Bose; please don't private message me your support questions!
Highlighted
Noisy Narrator
Registered since

Feb 3, 2017

@ST okay so after seeing many references to the dedicated Bose Hear app, I went into the Google Play Store on my Android phone to look it up and see what it looks like and what you can do (look through the screen shots, etc).  To my surprise, I couldn't locate it.  It just donned on me a few minutes ago that it might be geo-blocked, so I used my computer browser and found it on the Play Store, but it tells me it's incompatible with all of my devices.  This generally means it is not available to Canadian users like myself.

At first glance this may seem like no big deal since the hearphones are currently only available from select Bose stores in the USA.  But here's the problem:  what would happen if I was travelling in Boca Raton or Palo Alto or San Deigo or Plano and saw a pair in the store and bought them and took them home to Canada to try them?  Or what if I had a friend or family member in one of the available locations and sent them some money and had them purchase and ship me a pair because I really wanted to try them?  Or maybe I found a second-hand pair on eBay and had them shipped to me in Vancouver. I wouldn't be able to download the app to use with them!

Could you please pass along to the team that we are living in a global economy and just because I don't physically live in the USA, I might be able to legitimately get my hands on a pair of these and would definitely want to use the app with them.  I don't see any reason for to geoblock the app to the USA, and respectfully request that this be changed.

Thank you for your assistance!

Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi Mutnat,

Thanks for writing about this. I can see that you're excited about getting your Hearphones and you're looking forward and want to explore all the possibilities.

I can only speak about the present. You're right, the app is only available to US customers because Hearphones are only available for sale in the US. I assure you, the team is aware of the limitations of the current distribution model. If Hearphones become available in Canada, I'm sure that the app will be supported there too.

I think that if you were in the US and had a US based Apple or Google Play account, you could install the app and it would continue to work when you returned to Canada. This assumes that you're running a recent enough version of IOS or Android to support the app.

I can't promise how we would deal with things if you get your Hearphones before they are officially supported in Canada. You're just ahead of us on that one.

Thanks again for writing. We all appreciate your excitement about Hearphones.

ST

Highlighted
Noisy Narrator
Registered since

Feb 3, 2017

Thanks for the response, @ST, and I agree that it's a perfectly reasonable response.  And I understand the position of not wanting to deal with support issues for folks outside of the USA.  However, one glance through the massive QC35 ANC / customer assurance threads will show you pretty quickly that plenty of people pick up your products while visiting another country.  Fortunately (?) for me, I can't quite justify picking up the Hearphones yet due to having just bought my QC30's 3 months ago, but I'd be very upset if I did manage to import them and couldn't use them to their full extent with the app.  

Highlighted
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Mar 24, 2017

Bose is an extremely conservative company, and although the Hearphones are an extremely conservative design as compared to similar products by HereOne and NuHeara which use no wires or collar whatsoever, Bose has chosen to release this product in a very cautious, slow manner (and at a very high price, at $200 over that of the QC 30).

I just can't imagine that this cumbersome design will last very long.

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jun 24, 2017

So nothing near Kansas City, Des Moines or Las Vegas. How can someone purchase these? I can understand not Des Moines. Your KC store closed not the log again, I can't even buy them in Las Vegas?