Highlighted
RLCHURCH
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Nov 2, 2017

Wind Noise

I'm new to the Hearphones.  When out walking I got a noticable "rumble" from wind over the earbuds.  Is there a setting to eliminate of reduce that?  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Manager

Re: Wind Noise

Author Accepted Answer selected by RLCHURCH

Hi RLCHURCH,

Congratulations on getting your Hearphones. Thank you for choosing Bose.

When do you find the wind noise rumble most noticeable? What are you doing at the time?

I just did some experiments with an electric fan. The first thing I do when I hear something I don't like, is turn down the World Volume. Doing this helps with the fan too, but if you're trying to have a conversation at the same time, then you've got competing priorities.

Try using the Bose Hear app to turn up the Treble. Turning up the Treble also reduces the Bass. The rumble you hear is in the Bass.

619A41kgVNL._SL1050_In practical terms, there is only so much you can do with adjustments to the Hearphones. The other approach is to protect the microphones from wind blowing directly on them. If it's chilly out, you might wear a scarf or a headband. I found the item below by doing a search for neoprene earband.

51k4ObbIlmL

Other than the wind noise, are you enjoying your Hearphones?

ST

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Community Manager

Re: Wind Noise

Author Accepted Answer selected by RLCHURCH

Hi RLCHURCH,

Congratulations on getting your Hearphones. Thank you for choosing Bose.

When do you find the wind noise rumble most noticeable? What are you doing at the time?

I just did some experiments with an electric fan. The first thing I do when I hear something I don't like, is turn down the World Volume. Doing this helps with the fan too, but if you're trying to have a conversation at the same time, then you've got competing priorities.

Try using the Bose Hear app to turn up the Treble. Turning up the Treble also reduces the Bass. The rumble you hear is in the Bass.

619A41kgVNL._SL1050_In practical terms, there is only so much you can do with adjustments to the Hearphones. The other approach is to protect the microphones from wind blowing directly on them. If it's chilly out, you might wear a scarf or a headband. I found the item below by doing a search for neoprene earband.

51k4ObbIlmL

Other than the wind noise, are you enjoying your Hearphones?

ST

View solution in original post