Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 6, 2018

Re: World Volume: Why do you adjust World Volume, and how often do you do it?

Same thing. I use world volume changes for playing live music, tv,streaming and crowds. Still fiddling with it, but it is getting much better.

@bhyde wrote:

I use it to adapt to the various environments I'm in. 

Crowed/noisey rooms I tend to turn it down.  At home, I may turn it up to listen to the television ... usually I hand the TV remote to my wife for her to adjust to her liking and then I adjust World volume for my needs.

It is the most frequent control I use.  Love my hearphones!

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 24, 2017

I have ~60db of hearing loss (and yes, I know that Hearphones cannot be said to correct that, but they work for me) and I work in an open office environment, so I need to use both the noise-cancelling (for working on my own) and conversation-enhancement (for rmeetings, etc) features of my Hearphones. World volume makes it easy to switch from one use case to the other, which is something my $5K Phonaks can't do.

PS looking forward to trying the new Bose Hearing Aids now that they have FDA approval. 

Highlighted
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Mar 24, 2017

Whoa. I had no idea about these! When are they supposed to become available?

Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi thersites, 

Please see: More good news

Thanks,

ST

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 17, 2018

I’m a new user (a few days).  I’ve been altering world volume a lot in various situations to get the hang of it.  I walk in a busy urban setting, so then I crank up the music and set the world at somewhere around 0.  Last night we went to a dinner / concert.  During dinner, I had the world up around 40 and the directionality at 90 (noisy dining situations was a main reason I got the Hearphones).  When the music started, I dropped the world down to about -20 (it was too loud) and the directionality up to 360 (it seemed a bit more natural for the music without directionality).  

A thing that I noticed was that when my wife wanted to make a comment during the music, I wished there were some really quick way to crank the world up for a short specific thing and then revert back to where I was.  Like when I tilt my iPhone up, I get a quick pause/skip fwd/skip back/volume control for whatever is streaming.  Some quick access like that to switch Hearphone modes would be useful.  

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 20, 2019

Great and very practical last point! I too wish someone (maybe from Bose?) would explain or find some really quick way to stop the music AND (without opening the app) crank up the “world” volume temporarily before we revert back to music!
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi Lip,

Thanks for the question.  You're right you can't do both at the same time.

@Lip wrote:
Great and very practical last point! I too wish someone (maybe from Bose?) would explain or find some really quick way to stop the music AND (without opening the app) crank up the “world” volume temporarily before we revert back to music!

However you can stop the music quickly by pressing the multi-function button if your application supports this.

The headphone controls are located on the inline remote below the right earbud. The multifunction button is the one between the  + and - buttons.

Play/pause:
Press the multi-function button.

Skip forward:
Press the multi-function button twice quickly.

Skip backward:
Press the multi-function button three times quickly.

Fast forward:
Press the multi-function button twice quickly and hold the second press.

Rewind:
Press the multi-function button three times quickly and hold the third press.

Volume up:
Press +

Volume down:
Press -

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 20, 2019

Thanks to the manager for that quick reply. So e.g. if someone asks me a question while I’m listening to music (with noise cancellation on) and I turn off the music with the multi-function button, I’m stuck in “cancellation” until I either manually crank up world volume, one click at a time, or pull out an earbud? Couldn’t the Bose gurus find a better solution?
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi Lip,

Please add your voice to this discussion.

Feature Requests

Thank you!

ST

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 20, 2019

I tried to add my point to Feature Requests but unfortunately found that part of your site too difficult to navigate. I did however note that someone made a very similar suggestion in 2017 (!) and it went nowhere, so I’m tempted to give up