Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bhaugen
Advocate
Registered since

Jul 31, 2018

glitches in live conversation

I had my first hearphone-enabled group conversation in a noisy setting last night (crowded restaurant).

I want to make clear that (1) I like my hearphones, they are much better than my previous medical-device hearing aids, and (2) I am still learning how to handle them correctly.

Mostly, they worked ok, but I experienced 2 glitches:

1. They did not want to stay in the "Focused" directivity setting. Kept popping out of it after I clicked it. Finally stayed there, but when I opened the app again, it was set to "Front". This morning, it stayed in the "Focused" setting fine, so I don't know what was wrong last night.

2. The prompts said something about the tips not being in the ears, at which point the sound shut down (I had the auto-off set to Earbuds Removed now, since Never did not seem to work). I turned them off and on again and they were fine.

I wonder if both of these problems were related to the earbuds not being positioned in my ears well enough. I had switched to the small tips because of ear discomfort from the medium size. But what is the intended earbud position? Firmly in the ear canal (where the small size seems better)? Or blocking the ear canal but not very far inside (where the midsize might work better)?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
bhaugen
Advocate
Registered since

Jul 31, 2018

Re: glitches in live conversation

Author Accepted Answer selected by bhaugen

@ST - Hearphones wrote:

> Your setting for Directivity should persist from the last time you set it through the app on using the controls on the Hearphones.

It was not persisting in the conversation I reported, but since I have been more careful about getting the tips positioned in my ears correctly, that problem not happened again. I think several of the glitches I experienced were because of incorrect positioning in my ears, corrected by using a smaller ear tip, getting past the ear discomfort, and being more careful. Working better now.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
ST - Hearphones
Community Manager - Retired
Registered since

Dec 23, 2016

Hi bhaugen,

I'm sorry I missed your post.

Your setting for Directivity should persist from the last time you set it through the app on using the controls on the Hearphones.

The StayHear+ tips should firmly in the ear canal.  If you turn off your Hearphones, the outside world should be muffled. No sound should be coming around the StayHear+ tips.  It should sound similar to when you put your fingers in your ears.

ST

bhaugen
Advocate
Registered since

Jul 31, 2018

Author Accepted Answer selected by bhaugen

@ST - Hearphones wrote:

> Your setting for Directivity should persist from the last time you set it through the app on using the controls on the Hearphones.

It was not persisting in the conversation I reported, but since I have been more careful about getting the tips positioned in my ears correctly, that problem not happened again. I think several of the glitches I experienced were because of incorrect positioning in my ears, corrected by using a smaller ear tip, getting past the ear discomfort, and being more careful. Working better now.