Highlighted
RW
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Sep 28, 2017

hearphones turn off unprompted

My husband has Bose hearphones and is having trouble today with them turning off despite setting made on the android device.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Manager

Re: hearphones turn off unprompted

Author Accepted Answer selected by RW

Hi RW,

Thank you for joining the Bose Hearphones Community and thank you for choosing Bose.

I'm sorry your husband's Hearphones are shutting off unexpectedly. I'm assuming they are fully charged or that they have sufficient charge to stay on again when he turns them on - at least for awhile.

Please call Bose Support tomorrow at 1-800-761-2673.

Thanks,

ST

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Community Manager

Author Accepted Answer selected by RW

Hi RW,

Thank you for joining the Bose Hearphones Community and thank you for choosing Bose.

I'm sorry your husband's Hearphones are shutting off unexpectedly. I'm assuming they are fully charged or that they have sufficient charge to stay on again when he turns them on - at least for awhile.

Please call Bose Support tomorrow at 1-800-761-2673.

Thanks,

ST

View solution in original post

emich
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Nov 17, 2017

RW,

I suspect there is nothing wrong with your Hearphones. Check to see if you have the "Auto-Off Timer" set in the app. If you do, the hearphones have a "feature" where they will shut off if not connected to Bluetooth, even if you are using them for the noise cancelling or directivity functions. Couple of workarounds - simply turn them back on, or set the Auto-off timer to a longer duration, or to "never".

I and others have made feature requests to resolve this issue - see item #4 any very last post on this page: https://community.bose.com/t5/Hearphones/Feature-Requests/td-p/44614/page/7. These units have in-ear detection - simply disabling the auto-off timer when they are in your ears would resolve this issue. Hopefully, Bose will listen.

RW
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Sep 28, 2017

thank you so much for help - tech identified battery failure- 

RW
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Sep 28, 2017

thank you for help - vaious tests revealed battery failure