BillZ
Participant
Registered since

Jun 1, 2017

phantom battery drain.

I purchased my headphone about 30 days ago but I dont use them everyday.  3 time I have fully charged the hearphones place then in the provided zipper case and made sure the power was off. In every case 3-5 days had passed before I needed the hearphone.  The first time the power was down to 40%, the second time battery was dead and today after charging overnight last Thursday the battery is down to 70%. Do I need to leave the devise plugged in until the day I need them?  

9 REPLIES 9
ST - Hearphones
Community Manager - Retired
Registered since

Dec 23, 2016

Re: phantom battery drain.

Hi BillZ,

Thank you for joining us.

I'm sorry about the inconvenience you are experiencing with this phantom power drain. To avoid the problem, once you're done charging the headset, turn it on and then off again.  This should ensure the headset is powered off properly. You should not lose power.  We know this isn't ideal and we are working to fix it.

I hope you join some of the other conversations and tell us about your experiences with your Hearphones. 

ST

@Emmet_H

Eric_H
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hello Bill, thanks for bringing this to our attention, your Hearphones should not be discharging so quickly and we'd like to help. We plan on releasing new firmware (1.4) to alleviate this issue in the near future. Thank you for contacting us and have a great day! 

MrDuckii
Participant
Registered since

Jun 27, 2017

Is there a time line on when the firm ware is going to be out?  I have had my headphones for about 6 months and this just started to happen to them after I did an update.  I used to get 3-4 runs out of one charge but now I have to check battery level hours before going on a run. I would like to roll back to the prior firm ware.  

ST - Hearphones
Registered since

Dec 23, 2016

Hi MrDuckii,

I'm sorry that you're having to check the charge before you go for a run.

To avoid the problem, once you're done charging the headset, turn it on and then off again.  This should ensure the headset is powered off properly. You should not lose power when the Hearphones are idle after a charge. I do that and it helps.

I don't have a date for the next firmware release. There's no way to roll back the firmware using the Bose Hear app.  I'm checking on both.

We'll post an announcement as soon as we have more news.

ST

ST - Hearphones
Registered since

Dec 23, 2016

Hi @BillZ, @MrDuckii

The latest firmware 1.4.1 addresses the issue of the phantom battery drain.

Please follow link above for details.

Thanks!

ST

MrDuckii
Participant
Registered since

Jun 27, 2017

I down loaded the app and it says that this app will not work for my Bose SoundSport headphones.  Is a fix being worked on or do I need to continue to try to connnect to the Hearphones app?

ST - Hearphones
Registered since

Dec 23, 2016

Hi @MrDuckii

The Bose Hear app and the recently announced firmware version 1.4.1 are for Bose Hearphones.

For your Bose SoundSport headphones please use the Bose Connect app. If you have questions please post in Wireless Headphones.

Thank you,

ST

Lukeire
Participant
Registered since

May 2, 2018

I'm getting this problem and it's very frustrating to buy what is suppose to be a premium product. To be honest I'm really regretting purchasing this product and don't think I'd get a Bose product again and would return them if I could.

I'm on version 1.5.1 so obviously the fixes that have been created to resolve the issues haven't worked.
ST - Hearphones
Registered since

Dec 23, 2016

Hi Lukeire,

Thank you for joining the Bose Hear Community. I'm sorry you are having an issue with the battery life of your Hearphones. We'd like to help you, and you can call us: Bose Hearphones Support 1-800-761-2673.

If you want to update your firmware before you call, here are some notes. If you prefer, we can walk you through the process on the phone.

The latest firmware is version 1.6.4, and this includes all previous updates. If you have access to a PC or a Mac, the fastest way to update the firmware is to use a browser and navigate to

http://btu.bose.com and follow the prompts on the screen.

Otherwise, you can use the Bose Hear app on your mobile device (Android or IOS).

Download and Install Bose Hear App

• Free app compatible with most Apple and Android™ systems
  • Control World Volume, Bass and Treble, Directivity, Music and Call Boost, Ear Balance, and Modes
  • Easily pair your mobile device with your headphones
  • Access in-app help
  • Disable voice prompts
  • Keep your headphones up-to-date with the latest software
  • Customize headphone settings, like voice prompt language and auto off

Please let us know how it goes after you do the firmware update.

Thanks,

ST