Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bhaugen
Advocate
Registered since

Jul 31, 2018

phone fails to connect to hearphones

Happens often that my Android phone fails to connect to the hearphones the first time, and I need to try again. Today I've tried 5 times and the connection fails each time. The hearphones are charged, turned on, and in my ears and the phone is in my hand, so obviously in range.

What's going on? The problem now is I can't make a phone call using the hearphones, which help a lot.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
bhaugen
Advocate
Registered since

Jul 31, 2018

Re: phone fails to connect to hearphones

Author Accepted Answer selected by bhaugen

I might have finally solved this problem. My laptop had bluetooth turned on as well as my phone and the two are often sitting right next to each other. I turned off bluetooth on the laptop, and since then, have not had any problems connecting my hearphones to my phone.  It's like the devices got confused. Does that seem technically possible?

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
ShaneP
Participant
Registered since

Aug 23, 2018

This might be an issue with the phone because i had the same on one of my android phone but on the other one it was ok. you can do one this that remove the device and reconnet it normally again.

bhaugen
Advocate
Registered since

Jul 31, 2018

@ShaneP wrote:

> you can do one this that remove the device and reconnet it normally again.

Didn't understand how to "remove the device" or "reconnect it normally again".

ST - Hearphones
Community Manager - Retired
Registered since

Dec 23, 2016

Hi bhaugen,

@bhaugen wrote:

@ShaneP wrote:

> you can do one this that remove the device and reconnet it normally again.

Didn't understand how to "remove the device" or "reconnect it normally again".

Power off the headphones

Press and hold the Power/Bluetooth® button for 10 seconds, until you hear “Bluetooth device list cleared”

Delete your Hearphones from the Bluetooth list on your device. 

All devices are cleared and the headphones are ready to pair a new device.

With the headphones powered on, press and hold the Power/Bluetooth® button until you hear “Ready to pair” or you see the Bluetooth indicator blinking blue

On the Bluetooth device, turn on the Bluetooth feature. The Bluetooth feature is usually found in the settings menu

Select the Bose Hearphones from the device list. Once paired, you will hear “Connected to” or the Bluetooth indicator will glow solid white.

ST

bhaugen
Advocate
Registered since

Jul 31, 2018

Thanks a lot for the very detailed instructions. Will try next time I run into this problem. 

Yesterday, I solved it by rebooting the phone. Your procedure might be faster.

Pacerintl
Enthusiast
Registered since

Apr 5, 2018

If you have another device paired or previously paired to your phone it could again be pairing to your cell before your headset has a chance to pair...try pairing in another room or outside.
Pacerintl
Enthusiast
Registered since

Apr 5, 2018

Most phones can be active on your phone at one time...Amazon Echo and Dot and Show are exceptions to this.
Pacerintl
Enthusiast
Registered since

Apr 5, 2018

I can't use the phone or have any conversation without these...period. They are my ears.
bhaugen
Advocate
Registered since

Jul 31, 2018

Author Accepted Answer selected by bhaugen

I might have finally solved this problem. My laptop had bluetooth turned on as well as my phone and the two are often sitting right next to each other. I turned off bluetooth on the laptop, and since then, have not had any problems connecting my hearphones to my phone.  It's like the devices got confused. Does that seem technically possible?

View solution in original post

Joel_D
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hello bhaugen,

Thank you for getting back to us with the results. Glad to hear you're no longer having issues. Yes, what I like to call Bluetooth confusion can happen and by turning off the Bluetooth on the other source is a great troubleshooting step.

I'm sure this will be beneficial to other community members who might run into this.

Thanks again for sharing!

Warm Regards,

Joel - Community Support