rgroomer
Participant
Registered since

Jun 15, 2019

pink noise

Hello, I have been having good experience with my earbuds. These are my second set. I have been diagnosed as having hyperacusis, a condition in which many sounds are are experienced painfully loud. The only therapy recommended for it is sound therapy where I listen to pink noise (random noise without the high frequencies). It seems to me that the sound files available for the sleepbuds may be jut that. Are they?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Tegan_M

Re: pink noise

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Hector_B

Hello rgroomer,

Thank you for your message, welcome to the community. 

We are glad that you are having a good experience with your Bose Noise Masking Sleepbuds. 

For the Sleepbuds Bose engineered each audio track to maximize masking efficacy and/or facilitate relaxation. These sounds vary in nature-ocean waves, waterfall, rain, stream, wind and country night. Other sounds include red noise (like white noise, but less harsh), airline cabin, dehumidifier and a "spa music"-like drone. Our goal is to make additional sounds available in the library within the Bose Sleep app, so that you can find the exact sound that you were hoping to use. You will be able to swap out some of your 10 soothing sounds with the larger online Bose library of offerings. 

However if you have any doubts of these we do recommend you discuss this with a medical professional before proceeding, however I will happily pass onto our development team for more pink noise options for availability within the audio library. 

I hope this helps,

Tegan M - Community Support 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Tegan_M

Re: pink noise

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Hector_B

Hello rgroomer,

Thank you for your message, welcome to the community. 

We are glad that you are having a good experience with your Bose Noise Masking Sleepbuds. 

For the Sleepbuds Bose engineered each audio track to maximize masking efficacy and/or facilitate relaxation. These sounds vary in nature-ocean waves, waterfall, rain, stream, wind and country night. Other sounds include red noise (like white noise, but less harsh), airline cabin, dehumidifier and a "spa music"-like drone. Our goal is to make additional sounds available in the library within the Bose Sleep app, so that you can find the exact sound that you were hoping to use. You will be able to swap out some of your 10 soothing sounds with the larger online Bose library of offerings. 

However if you have any doubts of these we do recommend you discuss this with a medical professional before proceeding, however I will happily pass onto our development team for more pink noise options for availability within the audio library. 

I hope this helps,

Tegan M - Community Support 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!

View solution in original post