right earbud behaving abnormally

SOLVED
Friendly Fanatic

right earbud behaving abnormally

I have noticed that the volume of the Right earpiece is Low ( far Low) than the volume of the Left earpiece.

How didi I know: I have set an alarm & this morning my Left earbud had fallen off (on the bed) , so I only had the right earbud plugged-into my ear . I could hardly hear the alarm(it was feeble). Then I immediately interchanged and listened with the Left earbud , there was definitely a volume issue here.

I am not saying that the Left earbud is 'Loud', in fact the Left earbud is Normal. Its the right earbud thats behaving a bit abnormal.

So my question is: is this just this Unit I have purchased , or is there a way i can adjust the volume - to make it(right piece) parallel(qua Volume) with the Left earbud.

for the Purists: No , I do not have hearing issues at all Smiley Happy

I’ve updated the charger firmware and reset the charger. & updated to app v 1.5.6 and rebooted my device

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

its around 6 hours now after I have posted the above post. The right earbud is dead (The left plays 'normally'). Its(Both R & L) are completely charged (100%) but NO sound anymore( R = dead). 

in the mean time , I checked my Phone by jacking in a common headphone and listened to some music. Alls fine here, so it cant be that the phone is wrong and was sending 'no' signals to the right bud.. 

This is serious , I need to get in touch with support and either get a refund or get a new one or get this fixed. This is Bad experience , my 1st Bose product , only a few days and the earpiece is Kaput.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Epilogue- 12 10-2018

I have contacted Bose support and they have agreed to replace the whole Unit.

I will keep this post updated when the complete episode gets finished.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Author Accepted Answer selected by Radaway

Accepted Solutions

Re: right earbud behaving abnormally

Hello Radaway,

Thank you for posting.

I'm happy to hear you got in contact with our support team.

Let us know how the new pair works for you.

Have a good weekend!

Regards,

Joel - Community Support 

2 REPLIES 2

Hello Radaway,

Thank you for posting.

I'm happy to hear you got in contact with our support team.

Let us know how the new pair works for you.

Have a good weekend!

Regards,

Joel - Community Support 

Friendly Fanatic

Conclusion:

I rec'd my new set of earbuds/Unit recently, after the Right bud stopped working.

Support(Belgium) was quiet Good, I got the new Unit without Much further ado.

There were no questions asked and process went smoothly. (albeit the minor irritation, that one has to make time and deliver the goods back / deposit it to a collecting facility etc...but thats okay)

So that's it for now , at least regarding this issue.