Highlighted
Community Manager

Re: size of earbuds

Hi @jimaa1

Thanks for the tip! I'm glad you've found something that works for you.

Here's a little background for everyone.

We engineered special ear tips for Hearphones. They come in just the three sizes (small, medium, large) that are included in the box with your new Hearphones.  If you need to replace the tips that came with your Hearphones, please call us at 1-800-761-2673 to ensure you get the right ones.

Update: You can order Hearphones StayHear+ tips online

We have two very similar tips available online. We don't recommend either of them for Hearphones.

• StayHear® Tips  - These will NOT work with Hearphones. These are for Bose FreeStyle™ earbuds, SoundSport™ in-ear headphones, SoundTrue™ in-ear headphones
  • StayHear®+ Sports Tips - These will fit on your Hearphones but we don't recommend them. They may compromise the noise cancellation as they were designed for different products: Bose SoundSport Pulse, SoundSport Wireless

Thanks,

ST

@jimaa1 wrote:

Bose wired earbuds come with an earpiece that fits the Hearphones.  Very comfortable.

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Mar 21, 2017

I attached a picture to my original post.  My wife gave themto me.

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Feb 12, 2018

Hi ST,
I have the same problem with tiny ear canals. Could you kindly email me as well?
Thank you in advance!
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi Magsie,

I've just sent you a private message. Please watch for the red indicator at the top right corner of the screen.

ST

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Apr 1, 2018

I own a few pairs of QuietControl 30 noise canceling headphones as well as a couple pair of the prior (non bluetooth) noise canceling headphones. Though I am an average size adult male without pathologic deformity, I have precisely the same issue. My ear canals are too small for the size ‚Small‘ earbud covers. One or both constantly fall out; will not seat properly in my ears; are uncomfortable when positioned in my ears.
This obviates the value of Bose headphone technology. I would gladly pay for earbud covers that fit my ears.
Questions:
- Does Bose currrently make or market an earbud cover for their headphones that fits people with extra small ear canals? How does one purchase these?

- If Bose does not, is Bose aware of someone who does? Would Bose provide information on how one could purchase these?

Thank you
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi Smallears,

Please see my reply to your other post.

Thank you,

ST

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 15, 2018

ST, thank you for the explanation. I little comment: the two links in your reply point to the same page.

I actually tried to get the medium sized replacements in two stores so far and the only ones they have are the StayHear+ Sport ones. Online they are out of stock.

I'll try calling the number you gave, any chance they have them despite the online unavailability?

Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi ion.jorj,

Yes, please call Bose Hearphones Support 1-800-761-2673. I'm not sure about availability, but our Hearphones support team at that number can help you.

Thanks for your note about the links. I have updated my previous post and added a link to

ST

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 27, 2019

I have the same issue as Deborah. I need extra small ear buds. 

Please help.

Mary

Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi Mary, (mbwilliams1022).

Are you having trouble getting the small-sized StayHear+ tips to stay in place? Are you giving the a little turn when you put them in place?

ST