Right ear stopped working QC25

SOLVED
Silent Starter

Right ear stopped working QC25

The right ear in my QC25 stopped working.  I know of a few people with these headphones so I used their cord to see if that was the problem, it was not. Sometimes if I shake my head or push on the outside it will come back, but not for long. Anyone else having this problem? I got these less than a year ago for what I think is a lot of money to have them stop working. I keep them in their case and don't work out with them or anything, so I know I didn't break them.

Thanks.

-Joe

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Right ear stopped working QC25

Hi @hopkinak

I understand how you feel. Like you, I've had Bose Acoustic Noise Cancelling earphones since 2003 or 2004. 

Please see QC25 Right Ear stopped working for specific instructions for this issue. Specifically - call, don't write.

Please let us know how it works out.

Thanks,

ST

43 REPLIES
Audible Advocate

Yes, mine stopped working this morning. Right side the left is fine and when I put on the right side it will come back for a few minutes.  Wondering what the warrenty is on these.

Johio wrote:

The right ear in my QC25 stopped working.  I know of a few people with these headphones so I used their cord to see if that was the problem, it was not. Sometimes if I shake my head or push on the outside it will come back, but not for long. Anyone else having this problem? I got these less than a year ago for what I think is a lot of money to have them stop working. I keep them in their case and don't work out with them or anything, so I know I didn't break them.

Thanks.

-Joe

Hey Johio and killercat1966,

Let's try replacing the batteries and connecting to a difference device. If the issue persists, we recommend reaching out to your local Bose Support for the best assistance. Contact info here.

Mohsin 

Quiet Contributor

Hi Mohsin,

I have the same problem. Headset is aabout year and half old. My wife has same set so I was able to test cable, etc. It's the right ear. I'm reading elsewhere on here that it's a known defect in some number of phones manufactured in 2014/2015. That stuff happens, but hoping Bose can help me. I treat these so gently and they just stopped working. How can I get help? I have faith in Bose overall but I'm not sure about the QC headphone series now. :-(

Any guidance is appteciated.
Audible Advocate

Bose will not do anything about it. I took mine back and showed them they offered me a refurbished pair for 199. That's not good when its a malfunction from their design
Silent Starter

My pair suffered a similar fate with the right ear suddenly not working. Tested the cord and the device with no luck so definately is a fault with the headphones. 

Given the the number of people suffering similar issues, then it sounds like a product defect rather than normal wear and tear. 

Might pist on Facebook and see who else out there are having problems with high end headphones falling short on the fitness for purpose front. 

@kevcof We have addressed a similar topic here on the QC25. We believe the best thing to do would be to reach out to your local Bose Support directly. 

Mohsin

Wistful Whisperer

Same thing - the right ear. Had these for just about a year when the right ear went out. Bought them at the DIA Bose store, Denver, but it's only open for limited hours - can't seem to catch them there - I think I'm now past warranty. Got this QC25 headset (made me pay $199) because the earcups shedded and simply fell apart in about a year. $500 in about 3 1/2 years for headphones - a lot of money to have them falling apart so regularly. I will be miffed if they make me pay another $199 for a third pair in 3 1/2 years.

Silent Starter

The audio coming from the right ear on my QC25 is cutting in and out, substantial 'crackling' noises, etc. So it hasn't stopped working entirely, but the headphones are basically unuseable as it stands currently. The issue started when I was flying back home on a long coast-to-coast flight. I awoke from my nap to that painful crackling noise. I plan to call Bose Support (no online option?) when they open on Monday.

I've had the QC25's for about a year and a half without issue, so disappointed this has cropped up and others have similar problems. Anyone have a success story/was Bose able to fix?

Community Manager
Community Manager

@Blakeman

Please see QC25 Right Ear stopped working for specific instructions for this issue.

ST