1.06 vs. 1.3.2 - my direct comparison

Highlighted
Audible Advocate

1.06 vs. 1.3.2 - my direct comparison

Yesterday I received a new QC-35 as a replacement for my old one (noise cancelation had failed). It arrived with 1.06 installed. Its manufacture date was May 2017.

I had a chance to listen with 1.06 while the 1.32 update downloaded (took 20+ minutes). When the DL was done, it took less than a minute for the actual install and reboot, So I was able to compare the two versions within a short time interval.

The noise environment was a fairly loud air conditioner. 1.06 was doing a good job, and when the QC-35 rebooted with 1.32, it seemed to me that the noise reduction was very slightly better. Not enough better for me to be confident there was a difference. But for me, it was definitely no worse.

Just my data point.
3 REPLIES
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: 1.06 vs. 1.3.2 - my direct comparison

Hi kimhill,

Thank you for taking the time to join the community and share this data point.

Of course, I am happy read your comments:

"The noise environment was a fairly loud air conditioner. 1.06 was doing a good job, and when the QC-35 rebooted with 1.32, it seemed to me that the noise reduction was very slightly better. Not enough better for me to be confident there was a difference. But for me, it was definitely no worse."

I'm curious. Are you enjoying the new features and fixes since firmware 1.0.6. All of those are engineered into firmware version 1.3.2. The most prominent among these are:  The introduction of multiple Acoustic Noise Cancellation (ANC) modes: High, Low and Off, and Music Share.

Please let us know.

Thank you,

ST

Friendly Fanatic

If theres a way to get rid of the ANC hissing sound that would make them great.

Ian

Audible Advocate

Pretty much my findings as well. I had my replacement 1.0.6 and my girlfriend's 1.3.2 at the same time and felt the difference was so small that updating to get the new features was worth it.

I use the feature ot lower the ANC a lot.