Feature Request - unlocked ANC while in flight mode

Vocal Volunteer

Re: Feature Request - unlocked ANC while in flight mode

Worst of all is that I bought two. I refuted the test with the other on the same day, only with another person, to be 100% sure. If it was not a hardware failure. As it did the same thing, I did not trigger the warranty, because I had bought 2, and it was the new firmware that gave problem. I thought it was going to be run in the future.
I regretted it...
Thanks,
Marcel M.
Vocal Volunteer

Bose says he has not changed the ANC since 1.2.10 firmware. Then there's nothing to do but cry!
Thanks,
Marcel M.
Animated Arbiter

I had the QC35 1 (months before the 1.2.10 firmware). Now I have the QC35 2.

The feeling when I tried it the first time was incredible. I don't have it anymore. At first I accused firmware. I was right in some part. The 1.2.10 had some bugs with bass and distorted music. The next firmware fixed this, but then I focused on ANC, and I was sure it was less good then at the beginning.

But with time, with comments I've read here or elsewhere, youtube videos, and now that I have QC35 2, I think ANC has not been changed, it's just us who got more demanding because of our brain. Don't focus on how ANC is bad. Focus on how it avoids some noise. It's not that bad.

Here is a video comparing firmwares. You'll notice there's no difference despite what all people said (including youtube comments):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jTGfo1lSdM

Highlighted
Vocal Volunteer

@Pilou42 ???? It only compared with version 1.2.10 and earlier. But the problem is with the new firmware and not before the 1.3.x ...

Thanks,
Marcel M.
Noisy Narrator

wrote:

Here is a video comparing firmwares. You'll notice there's no difference despite what all people said (including youtube comments):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jTGfo1lSdM

Interesting video.  I can't understand all his commentary as I'm only fluent in English, but I got the gyst of it when he was switching back and forth between the two pairs on different firmware versions.  They sure sounded very similar to me.  

Did I miss anything interesting in the commentary?  Can you translate the highlights for me?  EDIT: nevermind I just rememberd the "cc" function in YouTube.  I'm watching agin now and reading the English translated captions.  Smiley Happy  EDIT again: yes it seems his experience was the same as I what I heard from the in-ear cup recordings on his test.  Sounds identical. 

Interesting hypothesis, that we grow accustomed to the ANC effect and thus more likely to be bothered by the remaining audio that leaks in and then think that the ANC is less effective.  I'm not totally sure I buy it.  Wouldn't this be a factor on other headphones as well?  For example, did people report this issue on QC25, QC15, QC3, etc. prior models?  What about on competing products such as the Sony and Sennheiser high-end ANC bluetooth headphones?

*** Please Note: I do not work for Bose; please don't private message me your support questions!
Vocal Volunteer

I did not understand myself. But my ANC is back to normal. In the latest version 1.5.1. I think if you do a headphone cleaning, then go to firmware 1.0.4 then go back to 1.5.1 Everything comes back to normal!

Or I do not know what black magic I did, but the ANC is working perfectly now. Smiley Happy

Thanks,
Marcel M.
Vocal Volunteer

But I think the big villain is still the Mobile! Update by bose app on mobile phone caused a lot bug in my ANC! (Otherwise it does not make a full update!)
BoseBTU for computer did a good job at updating, but you might suffer a little to get everything back to normal. Since you need to do a downgrade, thorough cleaning on the headphones and such.

Thanks,
Marcel M.
Vocal Volunteer

Audible Advocate

Maxnuk when you say "cleaning" what do you mean? - Is it some sort of reset procedure?

Thanks

Audible Advocate

You can't go to a version older than the 2.2.1 for the QC35II