QC35 Bluetooth Stuttering/Drop-outs

Quiet Contributor

Re: QC35 Bluetooth Stuttering/Drop-outs

I have the same problem as Ben.  I have a HP ProBook 4530s.  I have downloaded the latest Bose Connect App software release and it does not seem to fix the problem.  Even when the Bluetooth is connected the Bluetooth white light does not always light up on the headphones, however, sometimes it is lit.  If I go to the Bluetooth settings on my computer and disconnect and reconnect the headphones it fixes the problem for a brief period of time, however, I do not find this a viable solution as it would be nice to have the headphones working as designed.  I am running Windows 10.  Please advise.

Thanks!

-Brent

Hey Brent!

Thanks for reaching out.  To clarify - does this issue only happen with your HP ProBook?  Would you be able to test the headphones with another device?  

I hope that you have a wonderful evening!

Take care,

Shiloh 

Highlighted
Wistful Whisperer

Hey Shiloh,
I am not Brent, but the guy who posted immediately before him. In my response you can see a detail list of the different devices that I have this problem with. Basically I have this issue with every single device that I have have tried, LG, Asus, Microsoft, Apple, Samsung, Avantree, Sony, and Motorola.

The only saving grace is that it isn't 100% of the time, but when it happens the only solution is a full reset of the headphones, or to leave it alone for a few minutes.

I have simply been using the cable in these. The Bluetooth is pretty flawed.

Hey there,

Thanks for posting.  I'd like to suggest that you reach out to customer support (you can use this link), it sounds like your headphones could be defective.  Just select your country and scroll down to where you see "contact us".  You certainly shouldn't be experiencing interference with so many devices - please let me know how it goes if you can?

I hope that you enjoy your day!

Take care,

Shiloh_C 

Silent Starter

Hey there! I experienced the same problem with my android device and none of the solutions could solve my problem: I have the Bose Quiet comfort 35 and I am using them mostly via my phone (Nubia N1). The main problem is, that there occurs a little very short interruption approximately every 15-20 seconds which is annoying. I bought them in Germany but I am currently living in Fresno, CA. Thanks in advance!

Hey EvaMb!

Thanks for joining the conversation!  I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing this issue - I'm thinking that your best bet here is to reach out to customer support, you can use the link I've added above.  Support will be able to help you out from there.  Let me know if you need anything else?

I hope that you enjoy your day!

Take care,

Shiloh 

Silent Starter

Bensmith i do not agree with you. 
Momentum or not. Bose is a well respected company and
the **bleep** headphone costs almost €400 and for that price

every thing should be top notch. 

Bluetooth glitches are something from 5 years ago. 
You would aspect in current time this should be fixed
with the most recent bluetooth version. 

But i bought myself the QC35II yesterday. 
And this glitching is seriouly pissing me off. 
The glitches really can become a lot. 

I have hooked up the headphones to my 
Huawei P8, to my PC, Laptop and i tried a different 
phone and they all experiance the same thing. 

Also what i noticed is when i take my recordings 
that are recorded in clean 320Kbps. 
With the bluetooth you hear so much crackling 
in between the sounds it feels like your listening 

to an 128Kbps song.. 

I like the design, i like the sound that comes out
of it once you have it on the cable. 
By my gosh this headphone IS NOT worth 400 euros

Audible Advocate

1.- Bose quality is subjective, and Bose as a company offers the worst customer service I have experienced. They didn't answer the customer service phone, they didn't respond to my emails and they didn't follow up on comments I made here. Totally disgraceful.

2.- The QC35's have a manufacturing cost of ~$20. You're paying for the perceived quality of Bose. Bose builds poor quality audio products, but has a recognisable name which allows it to charge more. Read what HiFi audio forums think about Bose. Admit it, you feel good about the name Bose, and you let it cloud your SQ judgment... well I did.

3.- I have resolved my BT issues, by disassambling the headphones. I believe the issue is related to CSR 8670 BT Audio SoC and constant power delivered to the SoC by the battery [see page 23]. After desoldering the board and reassembling it I can listen to uninterrupted audio from another room 6m away and through a wall. Whereas prior to this I was unable to even turn my head without a glitch or listen to audio from my laptop 25cm away. This was a real night and day change, that I can only attribute to the desoldering of the PCB, or doubtfull but possibly the button ribbon cables on the other side. They now have a range ~1m less than my 1000Xm2, which I only bought bcos they QC35's didn't work.

4.- I'm not sure this is a permanent fix bcos I've only used them for ~15mins since I got the 1000Xm2.

5.- If you're not using these with an Apple device, there are much better options out there in SQ, price and features. The reason is bcos the QC35 only support SBC, even though the CSR 8670 supports AptX, Bose were too cheap to pay the license. On Apple devices they support AAC which is much better encoding. I can't tell much difference between LDAC and AptX, but I can AptX and SBC.

So either disassemble your QC35's or try dealing with Bose. Had I known how easy it was to fix them I would have never WASTE days trying to get some customer service.

Audible Advocate

I'm having the same problem with my new QC 35 II. This happens when connected to my MacBook Air on both wireless AND wired connection. I tried all variations of wireless (one device connected, two devices connected (+my iPhone), with NC high, NC low, NC off) and wired (plugged into audio jack of my MacBook Air with both NC on and NC off). The dropouts come at random and are super annoying. They distorb my music and movie experience. Not cool for € 385.

Hey there,

Thank you for reaching out to the community!  That is absolutely not typical with the QC35 II, I would recommend reaching out to customer support, you can use this link.  Just select your country and scroll down to where you see "contact us". 

I hope that you enjoy your day and please take care,

Shiloh