QC35 II - Android 8 upate problems

Highlighted
ok
Audible Advocate

Re: QC35 II - Android 8 upate problems

Hi all, I'm an engineer at Google with the assistant on headphones team.  We're aware of the loss of assistant functionality on the Bose QC35 II when paired with a non-Google Android phone on Android 8.0.0 due to an OS bug.  We're planning on pushing a workaround in the next version of the Google app.  We'll update this thread as soon as a beta version of the app is available with the workaround.

We're really sorry that you are experiencing this loss of functionality, thank you for patience with us.

Friendly Fanatic

Hi Shiloh_C

thank you for you follow up Smiley Very Happy

What phone are you using? Oneplus 3T

What Android software version?  8.0

Has this issue only begun after the Android update? Yes, it was fine up to 7.x

Are you using the Connect App? yed

What version of the Connect App, if so? 5.0.3

Have you tried pairing the headphones with more than one device? yes, a linux PC

Bose QC23 II Firmware version 2.1.3

Friendly Fanatic

I'm glad to see that this issue is at least in Google's visibility, I hope it's fixed before it tarnishes the relationship with Bose and other manufacturers. Reason I am here is to let you know that this is not affecting just non-Google phones. I have a Pixel and a Pixel 2 and I have had this issue. As I did before, I have temporarily fixed it but the problem returns. I cleared the nickname using the Bose app for iOS.  

ok
Audible Advocate

The latest beta version of the Google app is rolling out on the Play Store with the workaround.  The updated version is 7.17.17.  To sign-up for the beta, please refer to the following instructions:

https://support.google.com/websearch/answer/6307673?hl=en

For folks who are seeing issues with Pixel phones, we don't believe this specific issue affects those phones.  However I do recommend giving the beta app a try, and if you still see issues please file feedback within the Google app and we can look into it.  Instructions on how to file feedback can be found here:

https://support.google.com/websearch/answer/6223687?co=GENIE.Platform%3DAndroid&hl=en

Thank you all.

Friendly Fanatic

ok Google,

I have signed for the Google App Beta test.

The version installed on my mobile OnePlus 3T is the 7.17.17.21 arm64

Now, the left button of my Bose QC-35II activates again the Google Assistant (bravo !!): 

- when I briefly push the left button, curiosily a male voice reports the status of the notifications. 

- when I keep pressed the left button for a question, the answer is given by the usual female voice.

Nevertheless, there is still a minor issue with the right mutlifunction central button.

I can Pause//Play and Skip Backward/Forward songs, but I observe a strange long latency bewtween pause/play functions

The long latency does not seems depending on the music application, both Spotify, and Rocket Play applications have the same behaviour

The details is :

1/ I start play a song on the music appliction

2/ I pause at 0:15

3/ I play back after a short moment

4/ The song start again after a longer than expected while, some glitchs can be listen before the song start again properly

4.note/ The progess bar of the music application can show an heratic forward/backward on time 

IMPORTANT : the describe observation is more notable at the begging of a song, so buffering can be a tip for the investigation.

Again, thank you very much for your fast follow up to fix the issue.

Have a nice day.

I

Friendly Fanatic

ok Google,

The minor issue I reported in my previous message, is only when the Bose QC35II is paried at two device at the same time.

Also, it does not depend on the google assistant assigned to the left button, so I guess that is minor issue related to Bose bluethoot managment of two devces.

For me goole assistant is work good now !!!

Thank you

Audible Advocate

From my point of view, none of the problems where solved with new version of google app.

i have updated to the mentioned ggogle beta App version 7.17.17

Afterwards most of the problems where solved. But no notifications where reported via google assistant via Bluetooth .

So i rebooted my device. And after reboot all errors reported in this thread re-appear ..

Are you using the Connect App? yes

What version of the Connect App, if so? 5.0.2

Have you tried pairing the headphones with more than one device? yes, but i have removed the second device

Friendly Fanatic

how reported by stegtmeyer, I have the same behaviour

After reboot all errors reported in this thread re-appear .....again  Smiley Sad

FYI, after I erase all cahe and data from Google App, (in application info, storage) theGoogle App again setups the Bose QC35 II assistant function with success, but simply turning off/on the Bose, the configuration is lost again, and all errors reported in this thread re-appear.

---------------------

Have you tried pairing the headphones with more than one device? yes, but i have removed the second device

Google App : (Beta) 7.17.17.21

Friendly Fanatic

I have just updated  to Google App : (Beta) 7.17.18.21

It wiroked for a short while, After I turn off the mobile all errors reported in this thread re-appear .....again  Smiley Sad

And as previous beta version, after I erase all cahe and data from Google App 7..17.18.21 , (in application info, storage) theGoogle App again setups the Bose QC35 II assistant function with success, but simply turning off/on the Bose, the configuration is lost again, and all errors reported in this thread re-appear.

Smiley Sad very sad now..

---------------------

Google App : (Beta) 7.17.18.21

Audible Advocate

Hello,

My problem can be related to this post, so I write it again here:

I discovered a strange behaviour, depending on what action I choose for the action button:

• When I set "Noise cancellation":

Everything works fine: Multifunction button works as expected (play/pause/go forward and backward, ...). The same for the action button, it really change the noise cancellation level.

• When I set "Google Assistant":

Beside the fact that the Assistant doesn't work (correctly configured, when I speak to it pressing the action button it does the specific bip but doesn't answer me when I release the button), I have a much bigger problem => I cannot pause/play my songs. The multifunction button does NOT work anymore, EXCEPT to skip songs backward  (3 pushes). Note that Volume is still OK.

Going back to the noise cancellation mode and it works again...

I tried the bluetooth-clearing stuff, the phone reboot, the re-peering, etc... Always the same problem.

What phone are you using? Samsung S5

What Android software version?  6.0.1

Has this issue only begun after the Android update? No

Have you tried pairing the headphones with more than one device? yes, but i have removed the second device and clear everything

Bose QC35 II Firmware version 2.1.3

Google App : 7.16.19.21.arm

Thanks for your help