SoundLink II around Bluetooth Headphones Keeps Getting Disconnected from Mac.

Quiet Contributor

SoundLink II around Bluetooth Headphones Keeps Getting Disconnected from Mac.

Hello!  I just got the SoundLink II wireless and I love them!  They work great with my iPhone and iPad.  

Not so much with my 2016 MacBook Pro.  Whenever I connect them it says that they are connected and then within 10 seconds they disconnect again.

I have turned off and even unpaired the headphones from all iOS devices as well as well as tried repairing them multiple times.  Battery is at about 70% and I'm charing it right now.  Any ideas?

• Around-Ear
  • Bluetooth
  • Mac
  • Setup
1 REPLY
Highlighted
Quiet Contributor

Re: SoundLink II around Bluetooth Headphones Keeps Getting Disconnected from Mac.

I've had this problem since the last FW update more than usual, and for me, it happens when, say, I took a phone call, and during that call, i disconnected the Bluetooth connection from my Macbook to the AE2s.  After the call, when I try to reconnect the two by clicking on the bluetooth icon in the top menu bar, it will connect, then after a few seconds, disconnect again.  I found that if i open up System Preferences -> BlueTooth and then connect to the AE2's from there, it worked.  

Sometimes I also had luck by tapping the AE2 power switch up to make it go into discovery mode - this would cause it to connect to my Mac and stay connected.  

Did any of these tips work for  you?