SoundSport Free call audio in both ears PLEASE!

Friendly Fanatic

Re: SoundSport Free call audio in both ears PLEASE!

How do you suppose Apple is able to have their AirPods accomplish so much in a much smaller space? Weird, huh?

I have resisted getting the AirPods because I believed in Bose and I've always been a Bose guy. Unfortunately, it's looking like that relationship may have run its course.

Highlighted
Audible Advocate

I am waiting for Jabra's new 65t Active to come out. Currently their other 100% wireless works in both ears while on the phone. I was bummend about the Bose not working because the music quality is great. 

Audible Advocate

These are USELESS and frustrating.  Come on, phone only in one ear?  Are we in 2018, or 1998?

What a waste of money... sound quality is NOTHING, if it's not matched to the video you're watching, or in sync with your typing (audible clicks well behind actual typing).

Very disappointed, would not recommend... in fact, quite the opposite.  

Audible Advocate

I don't know how I missed this issue while researching to buy new headphones. Unfortunately I will be returning my Bose Soundsport Free headphones for a replacement that can take calls in both ears.

Good day Sir.

Audible Advocate

At first I bought Soundsport Wireless. In a month the plastic clip broke. In 4 months left ears sound became quite and distorted. Submitted to warranty, waited 45 days (!) to get a refund... Then bought Soundsport Free and got THIS! Calls only in one ear and periodic disconnects of the left one during music. Should've read forums before... Now really considering staying away from Bose in the future despite great sound.

Animated Arbiter

Interesting...

Having sound in both L/R would be great.  Guess I was use to only having sound in the one ear when I use the Plantronics one piece headset.

My big concern is not beable to connect to my laptops.

On rare occasion I may loose sound in left ear for a very brief moment.

Today, I did drop the bluetooth connection between sound sport and mobile phone (Samsung s7).  I was walking in 85 degree weather, had phone in front pocket with screen facing my leg.  It disconnected a few times after walking about 1.5 hours.  I turned the phone around so screen was facing outward and not touching my leg.  Did not have anymore bluetooth disconnects.  Continued walking for another 45 minutes.  I believe my issue was heat build up inside pocket where leg was rubbing on screen.  Phone must have thought there were touches on that location which turned of the bluetooth. 

I have been told by Bose that engineers are working of a fix for dual sound left and right during a call along with connection of sound sport to laptops.  Other Bose wireless headset do not have a problem with dual sound during a call or connection to laptops.

OB

Quiet Contributor

I am hugely disappointed because the Soundsport Free offers no Multipoint and routes the calls only to the left earbud...

I didn't even think i had to worry about this because it seemed so normal to have those capabilities in a bluetooth headset...
Audible Advocate

I just bough this headphone. So disappointed. The phone calls are only in one ear. I find the Bose justification illogical. They say that they did this so we are aware of our environment. And what about when we have the music on and are running in the street, no environment concerns there? Please fix this. In the meantime, I shall return mine and ask for a refund. 

Audible Advocate

wrote:
Just got mine and got super dissapointed by this. It's terrible and extremely weird that the audio switches to one ear only while on a call. I'm sending them back and I don't see how you guys justify the price or the tech behind these headphones when it really reminds 2002 bluetooth headsets. Terrible choice I wonder who is that master mind behind it and I'm glad I don't even know his name.

There is a huge lip sync issue with these headphones :

Tested on youtube : https://youtu.be/s_PbyRpKrRk

Audio is late at +4 right and +166.6 on the left

I just bough this headphone. So disappointed. The phone calls are only in one ear. I find the Bose justification illogical. They say that they did this so we are aware of our environment. And what about when we have the music on and are running in the street, no environment concerns there? Please fix this. In the meantime, I shall return mine and ask for a refund. 

Vocal Volunteer

Thanks,
Marcel M.