Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Marty K.
Mentor
Registered since

Jan 9, 2016

Seek within a track?

Hi - can you comment if there are any plans to add the ability to be able to seek within a track from the SoundTouch App, at least for those audio sources where it would make sense like our own iTunes libraries?  This seems like such a basic feature to be missing from a consumer audio product and its really inconvenient to be unable to quickly jump to the middle or end of longer songs.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Mike_A_Bose
VIP
Registered since

Jun 9, 2017

Re: Seek within a track?

Author Accepted Answer selected by Jason_G

Hey Marty K.

We have actually started the groundwork for seek or "Scrubbing" on some services. Each individual music service needs to be updated to support scrubbing, so we are prioritizing which services to add this capabilitiy to first. You will likely see this in a new service before we update an existing service. We are definitely taking into consideration services and sources that offer podcasts, audio books, classical music, etc.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
pjrouse
Contributor
Registered since

Apr 26, 2017

I second this. To be able to seek and skip within a track is basic audio player functionality and shouldnt be difficult to implement at all. The fact this wasnt in the player from day one is still a baffling decision.

Listening to podcasts, audiobooks, DJ mixes and classical concerts that often come as a single long MP3 file without this feature is a nightmare.

Mike_A_Bose
VIP
Registered since

Jun 9, 2017

Author Accepted Answer selected by Jason_G

Hey Marty K.

We have actually started the groundwork for seek or "Scrubbing" on some services. Each individual music service needs to be updated to support scrubbing, so we are prioritizing which services to add this capabilitiy to first. You will likely see this in a new service before we update an existing service. We are definitely taking into consideration services and sources that offer podcasts, audio books, classical music, etc.

View solution in original post

Marty K.
Mentor
Registered since

Jan 9, 2016

Thanks for your answer and for doing this event.  Personally I'd really like to see this for our own music libraries (iTunes & NAS) because to me that's the biggest pain point is when I have an album or podcast recorded as an hour+ long MP3 and can't skip around.  Of course it would be welcome in any future music services that you're going to be adding or with any of the ones that already exist, but to me our own libraries should be the priority and hopefully would be the easiest to do because you'd not be relying on cooperation or assistance from any 3rd party music services..  

pjrouse
Contributor
Registered since

Apr 26, 2017

Thanks for the reply.

I agree with Marty - my main need is when listening to music from my own local library. As Marty has mentioned, I would hope that it would be easier to implement into playing from a library, rather than 3rd party services.

Regards

Paul